Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,543   Online: 1082

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I checked with him first and he agreed. The first assignment was a little too involved, but extra points will be given in this one for text, but it is not a requirement. Overall it is much the same Summer type of assignment, just from a different perspective to make it easier to figure out a picture. I originally thought the first assignment might inspire some journalistic tendencies but since it is the end of the month and nothing has really happened by now so I thought to make it as easier assignment which John agreed with.
    Wayne~
    Is it OK if I put my "text" under my picture? I'm not computer savy enough to do the link thing you mentioned! Also, is it Ok if I enter 3 photos? Thanks...
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara ann View Post
    Wayne~
    Is it OK if I put my "text" under my picture? I'm not computer savy enough to do the link thing you mentioned! Also, is it Ok if I enter 3 photos? Thanks...
    barbara ann
    Under rule #10 of the New Shooting Assignment guide, only ladies from New Jersey are eligible to enter text under a picture. Men need to be on top; Well sometimes.

In reference to quantities, anything up to your IQ is fine. , although if it is different subject matter you may want to enter 3 times, but as far as supporting the story goes, anything goes afaik.

Actually at the top of the reply window there are some things to use for links etc. I actually forgot how to have a picture show in the thread; John??
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Barbara,

The easiest way to make a link is when you are viewing your pic in The Gallery go up to the URL (website address) bar on your monitor and highlight it and right-click on your mouse and then click on "Copy".

Then start a post here in the thread. Right click again and then click "Paste"

Hit the Return key to start a new line and type in your caption.

I sounds harder to do than it is!

EDIT: you should see a line that in my signature block which links to My Gallery. I'm not "bright enough" to know how to relabel the URL line. Someone else here can probably teach you that trick!

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Under rule #10 of the New Shooting Assignment guide, only ladies from New Jersey are eligible to enter text under a picture. Men need to be on top; Well sometimes.
    Uh-oh ... Only one photo posted and I'm in trouble already ... I posted my text under the photo, but I ain't from Joisey, and I ain't no goil, and if I was I sure wouldn't want to be a lady (that'd be no fun) ... hopefully I'm not banned from entering again ...

Actually at the top of the reply window there are some things to use for links etc. I actually forgot how to have a picture show in the thread; John??
    I think this is it ...

1) go to your picture that you've uploaded into the MSA gallery
    2) "right click" on the picture and then you should see something like "copy image location" - left click on that
    3) when you make your post here, and when you're ready to insert your photo, click on the icon above the post writing window (second from the right) that looks like two pyramids
    4) put your cursor in the entry bar, right click and then click on "paste" and the location of your photo will be displayed like this sample http://www.apug.org/gallery/data/508/Be_considerate.JPG in the entry bar
    5) click on "OK" and you should be set

Here's a try ::

I hope this isn't too confusing

cheers all
    Last edited by John Bartley; 08-01-2007 at 02:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Posting Text w/ photograph

In reference to quantities, anything up to your IQ is fine. , although if it is different subject matter you may want to enter 3 times, but as far as supporting the story goes, anything goes afaik.

Thanks for letting this (little) lady from New Jersey post my text under my photos. It took me years to figure out aperture, shutter speed and depth of field. I don't think I'll live long enough to figure out how to do that link!:rolleyes:
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Having posted three photos in the gallery, I think it's time I actually did some thread text posting .

#1) Polaroid 55PN, F/11 - 1 second, red filter

One of our summer enjoyments is gardening. My sweetheart likes to have lots of flowers around, so I do the garden bed prep and she fills them. When we bought our house 21 years ago we were financially challenged, so when my Dad asked if we'd like an old garden shed to keep yard tools in we accepted. The shed is now 37 years old, and showing its age, so we hide it with flowers. The Cattails, Hostas and rocks to the right of the shed hide a 100L cattle watering trough that we've dug into the ground. Each spring we put a couple of dozen "feeder" goldfish in the pond. By winter they've usually become sushi for the local raccoons, but we get to see them for most of the summer.

This old Polaroid 55pn is showing its age too. This photo should have been shot at 1/10'th second at F/11, but the film has slowed so much that I shot this at 1 second and the detail is still muddy. The film is three years old and not well stored.

#2) Polaroid 79 Colour Print, F/16 - 1/100'th second

While my sweetheart likes to plant flowers in the summer, I'm afraid that my gardening ambitions are a little more greedy . I love tomatoes ... I love to plant 'em, I love to grow 'em, I love the smell of green tomato plants and I especially love to eat 'em! The beds we grow our garden in are 4'x8' beds 16" tall. We mange to grow Termaters (that's like Mater but with the "Ter"), beans, beets, carrots, 'taters and garlic. This year the black squirrels have decided that they like beets and potatoes, so they've harvested all my beets and any 'taters that were close to the surface - 'lil divils!!

This was my first experiment with colour. I enjoyed Barbara Ann and Waynes photos so much that I went out and bought a pack of Polaroid 79 and ran a couple thru' the old Calumet 4x5. The pictures are a bit green I thought, but maybe that's just because there's so much green in the scene.

#3) Polaroid 79 Colour Print, F/16 - 1/100'th second

So, if you read this far, you'll know that I have a "thing" for Termaters . Here's a closeup of a fruit that I am going to savour in a few weeks, maybe between toast with some bacon, maybe on a hamburger, or maybe just chunked up on salad with some lemon chicken just off the BBQ - anyway I do it I'm sure it'll be a tasty treat

So far I'm enjoying this Polaroid 79 colour print film. I guess it's a bit of a lazy mans way of taking photos. There's no developing, no printing, but hey... it's summer right? and we're supposed to be recreating right? and it's still analog right? ... besides, there's 20 frames in a box, so I've got seventeen more to go

cheers all

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi folks,

There's about two weeks left to post your photos and an accompanying story if you wish, so if you're holding off, now is the time to get into action!! We have a few entries, but it's all for fun, so the more the merrier.

The gallery is here : GALLERY (click here)

But, if you aren't able to post to the gallery, you can post to this thread and if you need help, please email or PM to me and I'll be happy to try.

cheers all.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi John,

The slides came back Friday. Plan to get my scanning done Monday night and if "the one" comes out as I hope - will post soon.

I'm sticking with the original assignment (caption and all) and remember - deadline isn't until Aug. 31!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi George,

Thanks for sticking with us!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you show us on this round.

cheers eh?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    NOTE: I hope this works since I cannot get the pics onto the thread post!

http://www.apug.org/gallery/data/508/Copake-Plow.jpg

http://www.apug.org/gallery/data/508/Tropical-Plow.jpg

CAPTION:

The Tools of Winter become the Toys of Summer - In a calculated collaberation, the Copake Town Highway Department prepared the "canvases" by applying the regulation orange paint. Then, the artists of Copake's Summer Youth Recreation Program engaged in some artistic license. Lookout for one of these colorful snow plows in your rear view mirrow come this winter!

------------------
    I am totally confused why the shots are now being put into the thread rather than onto the dedicated Gallery!

This doesn't seem to be working for me.

The purpose here is to show our photography - now demonstrate our internet skills. Why do this kind of a mind screw on folk when we have a dedicated MSA Gallery?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin