Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,510   Online: 770

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

New monthly shooting assignment July/Aug 07

The new monthly shooting assignment for July/Aug 07 is Leisure Activities. The things we do on our off times to relax. Ideas could include fishing, chess, gardening, painting or even photography; A remote release would be handy. Extra points for any story to go with the picture.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A bump and call for entries from those that haven't participated. This is a pretty wide open assignment and should be easy to fulfill. Join us!
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wayne,

Did John Bartley agree to this? He's the conductor for the MSA. I'll wait to hear but will assume original assignment is on until John indicates otherwise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I checked with him first and he agreed. The first assignment was a little too involved, but extra points will be given in this one for text, but it is not a requirement. Overall it is much the same Summer type of assignment, just from a different perspective to make it easier to figure out a picture. I originally thought the first assignment might inspire some journalistic tendencies but since it is the end of the month and nothing has really happened by now so I thought to make it as easier assignment which John agreed with.
    W.A. Crider

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    As Wayne has posted, I did agree with him that a change might bring some participation during these dog days of summer.

I think summer is a time of being busy for most of us and so I'm going to break out the Polaroid 55 and waste a few frames.

I think I'm allowed out now that my sweethearts bathroom renovation is almost done (I carpent ... she paints )

This is a pretty wide open assignment and should be easy to fulfill. Join us!
    Yup - please join us - this is a very wide open assignment and for those budding and closet journalists among us, there are extra points for a good story

cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, darn!

Yesterday I came across "the shot" for which I'd already composed a great caption!

Well, not too but we were only half-way through the assignment period! When was the last time anyone turned in an assignment before deadline!

Slowly sulks off into corner and ponders whether to bother anymore....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Well, darn!

Yesterday I came across "the shot" for which I'd already composed a great caption!

Well, not too but we were only half-way through the assignment period! When was the last time anyone turned in an assignment before deadline!

Slowly sulks off into corner and ponders whether to bother anymore....
    I'm sure whatever your post was going to be, in no way would it eclipse Mrs Bartley's leisure activity for John!

Seriously post it. The whole process was at least a leisure activity for you!
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I'm sure whatever your post was going to be, in no way would it eclipse Mrs Bartley's leisure activity for John!

Seriously post it. The whole process was at least a leisure activity for you!
    Actually, the original assignment was a Summer activity or, as then modified, a current "seasonal" one giving some courtesy to our friends in the anitpodes. Yes, we all were taken aback by the "caption" requirement - but sometimes you just "suck it up and do it."

Leisure might be the popular choice for how to approach this assignment - and not necessarily different from what I shot - but it wasn't the main criterion. The criterion was a "seasonal" shot.

I just don't see why, only half way through the period, the assignment got changed.

Why bother having an assignment if it can be changed arbitrarily? I guess it's good that the assignment was changed when we were only half-way through the period - certainly better than the night before - that would have really meant a "fix" was in.

Anyway, as I said - why bother now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    These assignments are supposed to be for fun, right? I don't see any problem with changing the theme as long as it gives ample time.

So...here. Not one image, but it's better illustrated in three.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beertowerfirst.jpg   beertoweralmost.jpg   beertowerfin.jpg  
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    The new monthly shooting assignment for July/Aug 07 is Leisure Activities. The things we do on our off times to relax. Ideas could include fishing, chess, gardening, painting or even photography; A remote release would be handy. Extra points for any story to go with the picture.
    When did this happen? I'm waiting for my "Summer" pictures to be developed so I can submit and now they are not acceptable? Too late to go out shooting again. Bummer...
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin