Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,271   Online: 872

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Picking my parents for my entry is an easy choice for me. We all know what parents do and how important they are to us so I won't go into any more detail on that, but, 18 months after posing for the photo, my mom is still hanging in there. She's falling a bit more and has a cast on her left arm from a fall last week, but man is she tough! She's still smiling.
    FilmSprocket,

A wonderful choice and great photo, two people who anyone can see are incredibly comfortable with each other. You don't need to make any apologies for quality, tones etc. you hit the assignment right on the target and I'm sure this will be a photograph that'll will have great value and importance to you long after the assignment is over. Well done, from somebody who is still trying to pluck up the courage to post a shoot for the MSA.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Filmsprocket, you hit that one out of the park. Well done!
    My sentiments as well Filmsprocket. You not only totally understand the assignment, you understand something much much deeper. That will be a prized photo for the rest of your life. Well done.
    Jim...again

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Both of the submissions made so far are excellent and I am looking forward to seeing more. My sweetheart and I are headed north tomorrow to a place that is very strong in my memories and I have a few photos planned that, while they will fit the assignment requirements, will in no way compete with the emotional response that I had to the postings made thus far.

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    Both of the submissions made so far are excellent and I am looking forward to seeing more. My sweetheart and I are headed north tomorrow to a place that is very strong in my memories and I have a few photos planned that, while they will fit the assignment requirements, will in no way compete with the emotional response that I had to the postings made thus far.

cheers eh?
    John,
    Thanks for the nice comment and I'm looking forward to seeing your photographs. Considering the current assignment we have, competition would be the last thing I would think about. Hope you're having a nice trip!
    Drive cheerfully!
    Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dinesh, dferrie, jimagain,

Thank you very, very much for your kind words. And thanks to Barbara Ann for the assignment.

Okay, David (dferrie)...I know you've got an image you'd like to post. I could feel it in your last message. ;-)

All the best!

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Dinesh, dferrie, jimagain,

Okay, David (dferrie)...I know you've got an image you'd like to post. I could feel it in your last message. ;-)

Marc
    You've been an inspiration for me too. I'll have one coming but definitely in the spirit of participation and not competition
    Jim...again

[for now] Arizona, U. S. A. [near future?] "Land of Enchantment"[NM]
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

she is THE most. . .

she is THE most. . .important person in my life! And has been so for over 19 years. Please, check out "good old Wheelygirl's" contribution/submission to this MSA!
    Also, BTW--I'm still around, occasionally 'lurking', because of Photography class assignments & dark-room work, I'm having wwwaaayyy too much fun, to be "cooped up" with my 'puter.
    Plus, as soon as i can figure out how to get my negs onto a CD and/or my final prints onto one, I do intend on "showing off"!!
    Take care everyone & 'til later. . .
    [FONT=Verdana]"the real truth of a photographic image is in its ability to evoke emotion."--Bryan Peterson[/FONT]
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]My Muse wheels Herself about in a wheel-chair![/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Baby-girl is looking good for 19, wheelygirl. You've taken good care of her. She doesn't really look overjoyed about having her photo taken, but, at least she's being polite.

I've never really liked cats before. And when I go to someone's house who has a cat, the darn thing comes right over and tries to be friends. About a month ago, my daughter caught me at a weak moment and convinced me to get a cat (through PetSmart Adoptions). Four weeks later, and I still can't believe it, but 'Blanco' (white cat with green eyes) and I are best buddies. Now I understand, better, a photo such as yours, wheelygirl. Well done! :-)

Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Submittal

This is my first post to the MSA. In the spirit of "something that is important to me", I have posted in the MSA gallery a shot of my father.

Hope you like it.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Welcome to MSA

Quote Originally Posted by shicks5319 View Post
    This is my first post to the MSA. In the spirit of "something that is important to me", I have posted in the MSA gallery a shot of my father.

Hope you like it.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.
    Welcome to MSA Shicks! Thanks for posting the wonderful image of your dad.
    Only a few days left folks to submit photos of a person, place or item that is meaningful or important to you!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin