Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,575   Online: 1004

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    To all my fellow MSA photographers!
    First, let me thank you for taking the time and making the effort to post your wonderful photos and share your truly personal stories in the S/O MSA.
    I was SO impressed with the entries, that I pm'd John to see if I could declare you ALL winners. He told me the rule is one winner but I was free to also select runners up, which I have done.
    Believe me folks, this was very difficult for me, but here goes:
    1st place: Mom and Dad by Film Sprocket
    2nd place: The Family by John Bartley
    3rd place: An Afternoon with Dad by Shicks 5319
    Honorable Mentions:
    Mom's Kitchen Part 3 by fhovie
    My Favorite Beach by jim again

Congratulations to all and good luck Film Sprocket with the Jan/Feb contest.
    Best Regards,
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Everyone needs a place to clear one's mind and your place is beautiful!

Marc
    Thank you very much Marc

I'm glad I'm not Barbara Ann! Excellent photos and stories from everyone Going to be a tough decision.

This was a lot cooler of a photo assignment than those I have seen on other boards. Was interesting to read the background stories behind the photos.
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isn’t the decisive moment or anything like that – it’s getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Many thanks to everyone who posted photos and stories in this latest MSA and many thanks to Barbara Ann for a great decision on the winning entry. I would have had a VERY hard time deciding who to pick.

Marc, congratulations !! I'll be in touch by PM so we can chat about your MSA assignment.

I hope to see all of you back here along with some new participants for the next round which will be starting in a day or two.

cheers and THANK YOU to all !!
    Last edited by John Bartley; 11-01-2007 at 12:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you very much, Barbara Ann, for giving us an excellent assignment for our Sep/Oct MSA, and, for tackling the tough job of picking a winning entry. I liked all of the photo/story combinations. A photo may be worth a thousand words, but, with this group, the words coupled with the photos were something else! Another thing I liked about this assignment is that we know a little bit more about each other, besides what camera equipment we use, etc.

John, I look forward to 'talking' with you about the Jan/Feb '08 MSA. I have one idea in mind already and I'm trying to come up with a backup plan, just in case.

I look forward to the Nov/Dec assignment!

Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Thanks to all

This was a lot of fun. Thanks Barbara for taking on this project.
    Steve Hicks
    East of the Sandias, New Mexico

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin