Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,756   Online: 893

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Monthly Shooting Assignment, September and October 2007

As you might recall, we misplaced Barbara Anne for a few days a couple of months ago, so Wayne stood in for her for the last session.

The good news .... not only have we found her, but she has a new assignment prepared for September and October and we will be hearing from her sometime this weekend.

From what she's let me know about the assignment, it sounds like there will be a bit of thinking, definitely some remembering, and hopefully a lot of fun taking the photos and posting them here.

For any new readers, here's the basic idea of the MSA :

1. read the MSA assignment
    2. take your photo according to the assignment guidelines
    3. you can post your photo in the MSA Gallery : Click Here or,
    4. you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread or,
    5. you can post it right in the message here and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
    6. it's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, Barbara Ann will choose a "victim" to lead an MSA in a couple of months time.
    7. if you have any questions, please email or PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Stay tuned for Barbara Ann and the next MSA theme !!

cheers eh?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

September/October MSA

Greetings Fellow MSAers.
    Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to photograph any person, place or thing that has great importance and/or meaning in your life. Feel free to put a couple of lines explaining why you chose your subject, although it is not a requirement. A humble suggestion: If you wish to post more than one entry, it might be fun to photograph your person,place or thing in different aspects, e.g. lighting, weather, camera angle etc.
    So, pick your subject, load up your camera and have at it!
    Best Regards to all,
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ok folks,

Your taskmaster has issued the assignment instructions. There's a lot of latitude in this assignment, and I know that everyone has had someone, or someplace, or something in their lives that has been more important and longer remembered than others, so dig in and let's see what your memory can produce eh?

This sounds like a great assignment Barbara Anne - it should be lots of fun!

Don't be shy folks - get your cameras rolling

cheers eh?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

UPDATE~

UPDATE! John has suggested, and I agree, that some of us may have MORE that one person, place or thing that is meaningful. So, if that's the case, by all means photograph and post multiple subjects. The only caveat being that they are important to you personally.
    I am anxious to see what you all have to share...
    barbara ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A month has gone by.

Has anyone yet figured out what the objective criteron(a) is/are to determine what this the meaning of this assignment?

We all have meaningful persons, places and things (hopefully in multitudes) but this isn't a photographic assignment!

Can't we have a MSA that's "focused"?

I don't know what to do with this - yet I'd hate to see the thread topic die.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post

I don't know what to do with this
    I do.

Barbara Ann has this event. Sly has the next one. I'm sure you'll do a good job at helping them with their assignments.

It's all yours. You're running it now. You can run it any way you like.

cheers eh?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    I do.

Barbara Ann has this event. Sly has the next one. I'm sure you'll do a good job at helping them with their assignments.

It's all yours. You're running it now. You can run it any way you like.

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The September/October APUG Monthly Shooting Assignment is "....to photograph any person, place or thing that has great importance and/or meaning in your life." Pretty simple (for me). Depending on what is currently going on in an APUG'ers life, this could be an 'important' or 'meaningful' thing to do, or not. In my case, it's the following:

Taking a photo of my mom has always been difficult. Either her hair is not right, or she has the wrong clothes on, etc., etc. She just doesn't like to have her photo taken. Diagnosed with Parkinson's back in 1994, she's not doing too good these days and dislikes having her picture taken even more, except for this one time. On Mother's Day in 2006, she cheerfully said yes to my request for a photo. So I ran to my Jeep, got out my camera stuff, and happily fired away. My dad, who is taking the "...in sickness and in health" part of their wedding vows to the fullest meaning of the words, had to be in the photo, of course. Yellow is my mom's favorite color, hence the background.

Picking my parents for my entry is an easy choice for me. We all know what parents do and how important they are to us so I won't go into any more detail on that, but, 18 months after posing for the photo, my mom is still hanging in there. She's falling a bit more and has a cast on her left arm from a fall last week, but man is she tough! She's still smiling.

Although I had the equipment (listed below) with me, I really wasn't fully prepared for my mom to agree to have her photo taken. Otherwise, I would have taken with me a film that would handle skin tones better and I would have also taken my 2 1/4 Bronica equipment. But after decades of "hair not being right/clothes not right", I just brought what ever was nearest the door when I left home. Lastly, the scan is not the greatest and was done by Costco. I"ll get my own scanner some day. The actual slide looks much, much better, but I think you get the idea. :-)

Equipment used:
    Nikon F5AE, 24-85mm f2.8-4 Nikkor Zoom, SB-28 Speedlight, small Stroboframe, Gitzo tripod, Manfrotto Proball Head, Fuji Velvia 50 (not the best for people shots).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MomDad051406-002.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Filmsprocket, you hit that one out of the park. Well done!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    A month has gone by.

Has anyone yet figured out what the objective criteron(a) is/are to determine what this the meaning of this assignment?

We all have meaningful persons, places and things (hopefully in multitudes) but this isn't a photographic assignment!

Can't we have a MSA that's "focused"?

I don't know what to do with this - yet I'd hate to see the thread topic die.
    So sorry you're confused by the assignment! But, I'm confused as to why you're confused Simply select something or someone that is important to you and photograph it. You establish the criteria for yourself, basically. Then,briefly explain why you chose the subject. Hope this helps
    barbara ann

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin