Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,039   Online: 1039

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George, I would love to hear how you tie it in with the concept of 'portal'. A way to 'relief'? Aaaaahhhh... Instant weight loss? Funny contribution. Thanks for the laughs.
    - Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Sorry, I cannot let this "dumb pun" go until I post this.

NOTE TO ALL: This is NOT my "official" Nov-Dec 2007 submission to the MSA! I'll post that to the MSA Gallery later on.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    George, I would love to hear how you tie it in with the concept of 'portal'. A way to 'relief'? Aaaaahhhh... Instant weight loss? Funny contribution. Thanks for the laughs.
    - Thomas
    Look at the title line to my post.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great assignment. I'm really intrigued by the esoteric possibilities of "portals". I hope I'm not slightly askew of the specific "portal" theme by thinking of windows as well as doors but I have heard or read (???) that the camera lens is a window to the human experience and the eyes are windows to the soul. I have pondered the possibilities of a camera lens and eyes (eye) in a photo and made this photo.
    I opened the back af a 1914 era Kodak autographic, aimed it at the eye of one of my wifes dolls. I then took a picture from its film side and through it's lens using a Kiev 60 with an 80mm lens and 75mm extension. I'm not sure what I expected but here's my photo of "portals".
    Jim...again

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh boy, time to be the curmudgeon again.

In the past MSA posts were put in the MSA Gallery.

Now they just show up in thread - becomes some kind of "horse race" or one-upsmanship game this way to see who can "out-post" in the thread.

Just what happened the last time.

I know, permitting "entries" in the thread give a chance for Members to participate who, not being Subscribers, cannot post to the MSA Gallery.

My feeling on that is "too bad". But I'll just go away because I find this "thread approach" with postings only 12 days into a 61 day period to be too "in your face".

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't been a member long enough to know what usually does or doesn't happen, but as the "victim" who has to judge the entries this time, I would certainly find it easier if everything is in one space. I had assumed, they would all be in the gallery, but they are not showing up there. Can they be moved? Sly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The idea of allowing picture posts in the MSA thread is to increase participation so that members who do not have privileges to the gallery can also post their photos for the MSA. This is all for fun. I understand that judging can be a little tricky, but there are ways to get around that.

I feel that too much complaining every month spoils the fun for everyone. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game. Quite simple, as I see it.

Thanks to John for keeping this going, and to all who have participated and have been "victims" so far. I hope to have something to submit for this assignment.

Good luck to all!

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh boy, time to be the curmudgeon again.

In the past MSA posts were put in the MSA Gallery.

Now they just show up in thread - becomes some kind of "horse race" or one-upsmanship game this way to see who can "out-post" in the thread.

Just what happened the last time.

I know, permitting "entries" in the thread give a chance for Members to participate who, not being Subscribers, cannot post to the MSA Gallery.

My feeling on that is "too bad". But I'll just go away because I find this "thread approach" with postings only 12 days into a 61 day period to be too "in your face".
    I presume this was in response to my post.
    I certainly didn't mean to try to "out post" anyone. It is true the photo went into the regular gallery first but it was by mistake. I reposted the photo to the MSA gallery after I found out it was posted wrong. I guess I don't know how to do the MSA quite right.
    I also presumed the 61 day period had no limit on how long we had to wait before we posted. I was intrigued by the subject, I had an idea, I shot it and I entered it. To me it represents no horse race and no one upsmanship. I was just having fun.
    Jim...again

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just deleted the photo from the general gallery which also deleted it from the MSA gallery. I didn't know that would happen. So I reposted to the MSA gallery the right way (I think) but it also brought the pic up on the latest gallery post thumbnail. Also it removed the link in my original message. So (should I do this I ask myself?) here's the photo again, I hope in the right gallery.
    Shoot, I just looked and it's still in the general gallery. This whole thing is just too darned complicated.
    Sorry everyone.
    Jim...again

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ok, as the person who has been driving the MSA for the last few months I guess it's my turn to be miserable .... and hopefully

1. this will be the last post on this subject in this thread
    2. no-one will feel that they have to prolong this pain any longer with a response
    3. we can all get on with the MSA.

This (quoted above) is exactly the reason for it. This is called being "inclusive", and I prefer inclusive, so this is how it will continue to be as long as I am organising it.

As much as I dislike the idea of losing anyone from the MSA group, I'm thinking that it might be better if you do leave George. It's entirely up to you, but you are obviously not satisfied with the way it is run, yet you will not step up and run it yourself, even after having been invited to do so. You are certainly welcome back if you feel that we have an assignment that you can participate in without causing yourself any mental stress.

sign me "disappointed"

John

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimagain View Post
    I just deleted the photo from the general gallery which also deleted it from the MSA gallery. I didn't know that would happen. So I reposted to the MSA gallery the right way (I think) but it also brought the pic up on the latest gallery post thumbnail. Also it removed the link in my original message. So (should I do this I ask myself?) here's the photo again, I hope in the right gallery.
    Shoot, I just looked and it's still in the general gallery. This whole thing is just too darned complicated.
    Sorry everyone.
    Not to worry Jim ... and there's certainly nothing to apologise for. Please keep posting and linking ... the more the merrier and while we would prefer that photos be posted to the MSA galley, it's not absolutely necessary. Anywhere that you can upload the photos is fine as long as we have a post in this thread with a link so that we can look.

cheers eh?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin