Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,058   Online: 961

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok .. first time to do it, but I uploaded to the gallery for the MSA.. It's from the first Apug Ireland outing.. here's to many more..

Happy New Year folks... hope it's everything you wish for..

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I posted 2 photos that fit this theme. The Mission San Jose photo I used as my postcard in the current postcard exchange. These are older pics, so not really in the assignment, but I'm glad I found this thread, and will try for the next one
    Last edited by Jon King; 12-31-2007 at 10:22 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: read the rules
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ok folks, it appears that we have concluded another session of The Monthly Shooting Assignment, and the flood of submissions was stupendous!! I think we all deserve to give ourselves a big round of applause for a session well done, and if your family thinks you're a bit strange for sitting in front of the computer applauding ... don't worry about it, just explain that there's someone else a couple of thousand miles away applauding with you.

Sly is deliberating (or so the PM said - I think it was excuse to go out on New Years Eve...) and says we should expect a decision in a few days ... and ... am I ever glad it's Sly doing the deliberating and not me!!

So, stay tuned for an announcement some time this coming weekend ... there's a "victim" being picked right now...

cheers eh?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    So ........ I've just heard from Sly ........ and the announcement regarding who is who in the victim .... errr .... winners lineup is going to happen any time now .... a decision has been made.

Take it away Sly !!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whew!! I've picked a winner, but it's been tough. So many great entries in this recent MSA.
    The winner is ...(drumroll)... AJ Miller for "Manoune's Door". I find the nice soft colour appealing and the small wedge of bright light invites me in.
    In very,very close; right on the heels of the winner; all jostling together at the finish line were Bertus - for both "Ruin Portal" and "Trainworkshop"; Matt King for "Portal of a Different Sort"; Film Sprocket for "Al to Betty Portal"; Goros for "Porter's Portal"; Barbara Ann for "Gate"; and Thomas Bertilsson for "Time Portal".

Congratulations AJ. I look forward to the the one that you'll pick for the spring.

Sly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Whew!! I've picked a winner, but it's been tough. So many great entries in this recent MSA.
    The winner is ...(drumroll)... AJ Miller for "Manoune's Door". I find the nice soft colour appealing and the small wedge of bright light invites me in.
    In very,very close; right on the heels of the winner; all jostling together at the finish line were Bertus - for both "Ruin Portal" and "Trainworkshop"; Matt King for "Portal of a Different Sort"; Film Sprocket for "Al to Betty Portal"; Goros for "Porter's Portal"; Barbara Ann for "Gate"; and Thomas Bertilsson for "Time Portal".
    Congratulations AJ. I look forward to the the one that you'll pick for the spring.
    Sly
    Nice choice Sly! I like that image a lot, too. Not only was Manoune's door beautifully photographed, but I was also curious about the other portal to the left of Manoune's door. In any case, you couldn't have gone wrong with any of the others, either. Many excellent photos!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks sly - good choice, and a great idea for a subject too!

Matt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thank you to all who participated in this latest MSA theme. Thank you to Sly for taking on the job of judging and for picking a great theme. Film Sprocket should be along any time now with the theme for the Jan/Feb 2008 MSA, so have a look eh?

AJ, I'll be in touch with you to arrange your March/April MSA session.

cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    John, apologies just catching up here and saw the result. Thanks Sly for choosing Manoune's door. There were some great entries in this assignment, well done to everyone.

thanks again

Tony
    regards,

Tony

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin