Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,278   Online: 1143

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Bridge is out

Shot this two weeks ago and printed last weekend.

Used a Nikkormat FTn with Kodak Tri-X processed with ID-11 1+1, printed on Kentmere VC Select Finelustre RC paper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2505909035_7b4f428d0a.jpg  
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like a lot of the submissions so far -- unfortunately I just can't seem to upload anything other than my first attempt -- everything is just too wide (900-950 pixels usually) and I don't know how to reduce it without getting a really pixelated image, which is useless to post. Maybe I'll be luckier the next round...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I like a lot of the submissions so far -- unfortunately I just can't seem to upload anything other than my first attempt -- everything is just too wide (900-950 pixels usually) and I don't know how to reduce it without getting a really pixelated image, which is useless to post. Maybe I'll be luckier the next round...
    Hey mooseontheloose,

We're only half way through the May/June Monthly Shooting Assignment so don't give up on "Deterioration" just yet. You're only 100 pixels away (on the long end)!

Although I know how to get my images to the correct size for the APUG Gallery, I don't know to explain it very well so I'll just give you some numbers from one of my images ("The Party's Over"). The width in pixel dimensions is 850 pixels. In height is 569 pixels. The document size is 5.667" in width and 3.793" in height. The resolution is 150 pixels per inch. Hope that helps some how.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Marc,

I currently don't have the use of a personal computer (I will when I return to Canada in early July) so I have to use my work computer for everything (this is after hours of course, which is why I'm here on the weekend ). We have a simple flatbed scanner that I've been attempting to use, but other than resolution, I really can't control the pixel dimensions since the scanner software doesn't allow it and we have no other programs that can do it. If I lower the resolution too much, the scan is worthless, really. I have to admit I'm a bit of a digital noob, but I know that I was able to do these things with photoshop, way back when...until things change I don't think there's much I can do about it.

rachelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Rachelle,

I understand now. Well, I like your photograph of the car. Definitely fits the assignment!

Have a safe trip back to Canada and, hopefully, we'll see you for the July/Aug assignment.

Marc

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle, could you email it to someone else on APUG, who could reduce it to acurate size and post it for you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sly,

Are you offering? :-)

No matter, I finally found a program that could resize my photos for me. I posted a few of the photos in the gallery. This whole scanning of prints is real learning process -- I'll have to start lurking over at hybird photo to figure out how best to capture the original version!

rachelle

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd like to take part, I think I have to subsribe first in order to see the winners and perhaps other stuff, I am new to this site. What's the best way to post your entry, is it done using copy stand? I have never scanned any of my prints as I do not have any digital equipment but I need to develop this now as my mentor wants scanned negs too....thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carmenloofah View Post
    I'd like to take part, I think I have to subsribe first in order to see the winners and perhaps other stuff, I am new to this site. What's the best way to post your entry, is it done using copy stand? I have never scanned any of my prints as I do not have any digital equipment but I need to develop this now as my mentor wants scanned negs too....thanks
    Welcome carmenloofah! Yes, you have to subscribe to APUG to upload photos to the gallery, but, I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that as a 'member' you can attach an image to a forum message without subscribing. If you see a little paper clip icon at the top of the message box as you're typing a message, I think it'll work.

If you don't have a scanner or access to a scanner in order to create a digital file of a print, negative or slide, you could bring your print, neg or slide to a lab and have them put your images onto a compact disc (CD). You can then download the images of the CD onto your computer and then upload these images to the APUG gallery, or where ever you like.

I suppose a reason to use a copy stand would be to take a photograph of a print that is too large for a typical scanner and then have the negative (of the copied print) scanned to a CD.

Hope that helps!

Marc

Shooter
    35mm

Deterioration

Hi Film Sprocket,

Here's my first submission - not sure if this will work....

Oh, BTW, this was shot with the "old" Velvia 50.

I know folks here do not like color shots but I do like this one.

Hope I haven't offended anyone....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upstate2006-misc-Velvia50-0.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin