Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,114   Online: 1037

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll be working on this one tomorrow.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm

detiroration

Geez - sound a lot like my life!

Anyway, while most folk think color is life - don't be so sure.

Here's a colorful way to slide into oblivion....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Along-Rte-27.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks, that's really helpful...
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Welcome carmenloofah! Yes, you have to subscribe to APUG to upload photos to the gallery, but, I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that as a 'member' you can attach an image to a forum message without subscribing. If you see a little paper clip icon at the top of the message box as you're typing a message, I think it'll work.

If you don't have a scanner or access to a scanner in order to create a digital file of a print, negative or slide, you could bring your print, neg or slide to a lab and have them put your images onto a compact disc (CD). You can then download the images of the CD onto your computer and then upload these images to the APUG gallery, or where ever you like.

I suppose a reason to use a copy stand would be to take a photograph of a print that is too large for a typical scanner and then have the negative (of the copied print) scanned to a CD.

Hope that helps!

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It appears that all of the entries that were attached directly to posts here have disappeared (along with the posts!).

Why?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When is the due date? Last day of June?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    When is the due date? Last day of June?
    Yes, June 30th is the last day.

I'll be at Bill Schwab's Photostock 2008 from June 25th to the 29th and should be back home by the 30th to offer my services to the previous and upcoming victims (winners) of this month's shooting assignment.

More later.....

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello everyone! Sorry for the slight delay with the May/June MSA. 'wildbill' and I were at Photostock 2008, which just ended on Sunday. Vinny may still be traveling since he traveled all the way from L.A. to get the Bill Schwab's Michigan event. I only had to drive about 4 hours but camping out for 5 days with late nights around the campfire and early mornings takes it's toll. I think I'm recovered now,...so it's time for me to get back on track here.

Vinny (wildbill) will be picking the winner among the 32 images entered once he's back home. So because he may still be on the road, his decision will be slightly delayed.

Every MSA has great images and it's always tough to pick just one winner, but the May/June Monthly Shooting Assignment may be particularly difficult because there are some truly excellent images that meet the criteria of 'Deterioration'. Nice job everyone, and thank you all for participating!

After Vinny picks the winner, we'll start a new thread for the July/Aug MSA with Sly announcing what the new assignment will be.

Again, sorry for the slight delay.

Marc

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's going to be a tough choice! Lots of great entries this time around. I've got a topic in mind for the next MSA. Just need to check it hasn't been done before. Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians, and Happy July to everyone else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the winner of may/june I've chosen bjazz's "De-fence"
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=34913
    Thanks Mark, i'm back yet but have managed to stop in Boulder for a bit.

vinny
    Last edited by wildbill; 07-04-2008 at 11:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations bjazz for your excellent photograph "De-fence"! http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=34913 And thanks Vinny for taking time out on your long trip to pick a winner.

There were many excellent images to choose from but "De-fence" is definitely worthy of being the May/June '08 winner. The image clearly fits the assignment, was nicely composed, had a nice range of tones and is something you don't see everyday. The effects of the long exposure seemed to fit, too. Thanks to all who participated and it was really nice to see some new 'faces'!

We'll have a new thread starting shortly for the July/August '08 Monthly Shooting Assignment with 'sly' giving us our new assignment. Stay tuned!

Marc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin