Monthly Shooting Assignment - July/August, 2008: Skylines
Well, it's time for a new session of the APUG Monthly Shooting Assignment. Sly was the winner of the March/April '08 MSA and has the honor of picking this session's theme and choosing the next winner at the end of August. Bjazz, our May/June '08 winner will be choosing the Sept/Oct '08 assignment for us.
Here is bjazz's winning photo:
For any new readers, here's the basic idea of the MSA :
1. Take note of the MSA assignment, which will be inserted into the title of this thread.
2. Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.
3. You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=508 , or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
4. It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a new assignment and a new "victim" to lead the MSA in a couple of months time (it's not really monthly ).
5. If you have any questions, please email or PM me and I'll be happy to help.
Sly, whenever you're ready, the floor is yours!
Well that last one was a good one! Congrats to bjazz for the lovely photo.
The new assignment will be "Skylines". I hope it gets the great response that "Deterioration" did. You all have access to some sky, so no excuse for not shooting and submitting. Have fun!
can each entrant submit more than one photo?
Yes. Submit as many as you like.
trying to submit a portrait image of 800X600, jpg size is < 260KB, and the thing claims the "photo is too tall"...
What exactly are the sizes I can submit for portrait and/or landscape?
It certainly isn't the 800X600, less than 500KB claimed in the headers for the upload page, at least not for portrait...
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
Yes, that is strange. The maximimum file size requirements are actually 850x750 for a max total of 500kb. The allowable image types are "jpg,jpeg,png & gif". Looks like you're doing everything right. Maybe try again? Perhaps you hit the system at a busy time or something. Or ask a mod for more help.
Originally Posted by nsouto
The limits are not portrait oriented .
Your image can be up to 850 pixels wide and 750 pixels tall, but it cannot be 750 pixels wide by 850 pixels tall.
I guess it is because most of us have screens that are wider than they are tall.
Ah OK! Ding ding!
I see what the problem was.
I've really been enjoying watching the images come in. Look forward to a few more good ones to come.
I'm about to leave for a vacation, and might not be near a computer at the end of the month. I will try to get to one and make my choice in a timely manner, but at the worst I will be back by the 10th of September, and should have a winner chosen soon after. If I'm late, please don't wait for me before starting the next MSA.
Thanks a bunch to everyone who has entered.
Well, I'm home from my camping trip - got alot of film to develop. Before I get to it, I want to announce the winner of the last MSA.
A big congratulations to everyone who entered. It's been fun watching for your interpretations to come in.
The winner is Bertus - He tied with himself with his 2 lovely images "Tree and Clouds" and "Skyline Reflections". I really couldn't pick between them, so I declare them both winners!
I think bjazz picks the next assignment?