Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,477   Online: 953

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment sept - okt 2009: Reflections and Mirroring

The new assignment for sept - okt 2009 is: Reflections and mirroring.
    Make nice pictures in windows, metal, water, glass, mirrors, wet- or glossy surfaces etc.
    I will upload some samples.
    Good luck and have fun!!
    For any new readers, here's the basic idea of the MSA : (copy)
    1. Take note of the MSA assignment, which will be inserted into the title of this thread.
    2. Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.
    3. You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
    4. It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a new assignment and a new "victim" to lead the MSA in a couple of months time (it's not really monthly ).
    5. How to upload: the same as in the standard gallery, press te "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Asignment, thats it.
    Last edited by Bertus; 09-01-2009 at 02:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two hints about uploading....

1) If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the galleries. You'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead ; and

2) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for your hints Matt!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Crepe Myrtle and Pine Needles in a Birdbath

Kodak Retina IIa
    Kodak Plus X 125
    f/5.6 @ 1/100 sec

Sort of ashamed to say I don't process my own yet. BWC Photo Imaging-Dallas did the deed.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 68820034.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your upload Rick! Lab processing is licit and this is a great shot with a nice contrast and a very nice reflection and composition.

- Bert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MSA Reflections and Mirroring

I've posted a new image for this Assignment in the MSA gallery. Here is a copy for those who aren't subscribers:

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reflections 1d.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    cool post, here is one i did with one of my petzvals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img075.jpg   img096.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have made a good start with this a assignment with great uploads. Nice!
    -Bert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang! Almost missed it. 11-01, 1am here.
    But way behind that in the US, so I hope those two will still make the monthly assignment.
    Took me a bit longer to scan them than I thought.

My first roll of new Ektar. Shot mostly with the Chron 50/2 on the ZM.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At first I would like to thank everyone for there entries in the competition which have made MSA to a great success.

A beautiful selection of pictures is the result of the subject “mirroring and reflections”.
    Interesting are the different approaches and styles. What should I choose, the most beautiful picture or the picture that is the most appropriate for the subject?
    I have decided for the picture that was the most appropriate for the subject.

The following are posted in the threat: “Crepe Myrtle and Pine Needles in a Birdbath”, from Rick, very beautiful for all the shapes and contrasts. From Goldenimmage, the water plant, taken with a petzval-lens, very special because of the selective depth. In the MSA:
    Almost like a painting, with a very nice pastel colour, was the picture of Lori with “reflections on pond”.
    The beautiful clouds and tree series of Usagi was definitely a highlight just as the fireworks picture. Outstanding work!

Thomas Moraitus made a very artistic picture in a water pond . Sandvann had a creative double reflection, a townscape “Havitsten” and his lovely pastel coloured tree picture at the lake.
    Also a beautiful interior picture of J.Martin, and the fantastic photo’s “Reflective Self Portret” an “window mirroring” (superb!!!). A nice action-beach photo from Barbara Ann, followed by the beautiful “foggy morning” and “Lost Bridge”. And at the end of this great collection, there came noons with two very creative colour photo’s “Eye Of the Ghost” and Reflected Dreams”. Surprise!

Remaining is the picture of Mattking with his “Ladner Boat Sheds”. This picture has a crystal clear mirroring and reflection, is perfectly captured and is 100% right for the subject. That is why I have chosen him to be the winner.

Congratulations Matt! You get to start, in January 2010, with a new subject and judging it. Good luck and thanks again everyone for your entries.

Time for the new MSA nov/dec now, Ken Nadvornick's, success!

Bert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin