Monthly Shooting Assignment sept - okt 2009: Reflections and Mirroring
The new assignment for sept - okt 2009 is: Reflections and mirroring.
Make nice pictures in windows, metal, water, glass, mirrors, wet- or glossy surfaces etc.
I will upload some samples.
Good luck and have fun!!
For any new readers, here's the basic idea of the MSA : (copy)
1. Take note of the MSA assignment, which will be inserted into the title of this thread.
2. Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.
3. You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
4. It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a new assignment and a new "victim" to lead the MSA in a couple of months time (it's not really monthly ).
5. How to upload: the same as in the standard gallery, press te "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Asignment, thats it.
Last edited by Bertus; 09-01-2009 at 01:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.
Two hints about uploading....
1) If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the galleries. You'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead ; and
2) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in.
Thank you for your hints Matt!
Crepe Myrtle and Pine Needles in a Birdbath
Kodak Retina IIa
Kodak Plus X 125
f/5.6 @ 1/100 sec
Sort of ashamed to say I don't process my own yet. BWC Photo Imaging-Dallas did the deed.
Thanks for your upload Rick! Lab processing is licit and this is a great shot with a nice contrast and a very nice reflection and composition.
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
MSA Reflections and Mirroring
I've posted a new image for this Assignment in the MSA gallery. Here is a copy for those who aren't subscribers:
cool post, here is one i did with one of my petzvals
We have made a good start with this a assignment with great uploads. Nice!
Dang! Almost missed it. 11-01, 1am here.
But way behind that in the US, so I hope those two will still make the monthly assignment.
Took me a bit longer to scan them than I thought.
My first roll of new Ektar. Shot mostly with the Chron 50/2 on the ZM.
Noons (Nuno Souto)
At first I would like to thank everyone for there entries in the competition which have made MSA to a great success.
A beautiful selection of pictures is the result of the subject “mirroring and reflections”.
Interesting are the different approaches and styles. What should I choose, the most beautiful picture or the picture that is the most appropriate for the subject?
I have decided for the picture that was the most appropriate for the subject.
The following are posted in the threat: “Crepe Myrtle and Pine Needles in a Birdbath”, from Rick, very beautiful for all the shapes and contrasts. From Goldenimmage, the water plant, taken with a petzval-lens, very special because of the selective depth. In the MSA:
Almost like a painting, with a very nice pastel colour, was the picture of Lori with “reflections on pond”.
The beautiful clouds and tree series of Usagi was definitely a highlight just as the fireworks picture. Outstanding work!
Thomas Moraitus made a very artistic picture in a water pond . Sandvann had a creative double reflection, a townscape “Havitsten” and his lovely pastel coloured tree picture at the lake.
Also a beautiful interior picture of J.Martin, and the fantastic photo’s “Reflective Self Portret” an “window mirroring” (superb!!!). A nice action-beach photo from Barbara Ann, followed by the beautiful “foggy morning” and “Lost Bridge”. And at the end of this great collection, there came noons with two very creative colour photo’s “Eye Of the Ghost” and Reflected Dreams”. Surprise!
Remaining is the picture of Mattking with his “Ladner Boat Sheds”. This picture has a crystal clear mirroring and reflection, is perfectly captured and is 100% right for the subject. That is why I have chosen him to be the winner.
Congratulations Matt! You get to start, in January 2010, with a new subject and judging it. Good luck and thanks again everyone for your entries.
Time for the new MSA nov/dec now, Ken Nadvornick's, success!