Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 829

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

“Monthly” Shooting Assignment - Jan/Feb 2010: “Brilliant”

“Monthly” Shooting Assignment - Jan/Feb 2010: “Brilliant”

Happy New Year everyone!

For those of us in the upper half of the northern hemisphere, some times it seems as if we just cannot get enough light at this time of year. For that reason, I thought it would be nice to see some extra illumination from those on APUG who might care to contribute. As a result, the theme of this Monthly Shooting Assignment (“MSA” - even though it actually is a Two Month Shooting Assignment) is:

"Brilliant"

As usual, the theme can be interpreted in many ways, so don’t hesitate to try and surprise us with your take on it.

Results for the assignment are due by the final tick of the clock in the last time zone on the planet on February 28, 2010.

Best of luck,

Matt

P.S. For first-timers, the following summary of standard procedures should help (I am indebted to Ken Nadvornick for putting most of this together for the last assignment, and not objecting when I proposed to re-use [aka “borrow”] it):

(1) Take note of the MSA assignment, which you will find inserted into the title of this thread.

(2) Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.

(3) You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.

(4) It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, I (a previous winner) will choose a “winner”, and the photographer associated with it will have the opportunity to choose a theme for the MSA in a couple of months time, and then choose the “winner” from the submissions.

Additional hints about uploading your photographs...

(5) How to upload if you are an APUG subscriber: As a subscriber you can upload to the APUG galleries. You perform the upload in the same way you would upload to the standard gallery, except you press the "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Assignment, that’s it.

(6) How to upload if you are NOT an APUG subscriber: If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the APUG galleries. Instead, you'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead.

(7) (For subscribers only) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in - in this case to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery.

8) Most importantly, have fun!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great shooting assignment. I'm looking forward to participating. Jane said I should take a picture of her! Silly girl!
    Lori

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmm...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man! Another good subject.
    Thanks, Matt. This is gonna be fun!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm looking forward to submitting something new for this assignment, I've been spending far too much time in the archives lately. Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Never did it before, but there is always a beginning... let's try.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are almost at the end of February. If you haven't posted your "Brilliant" photos yet, now is definitely the time!

Thanks to those who have already posted.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today is the last day to post folks!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had another image I wanted to enter but SNAPFISH, the commercial lab I send my color film to for processing LOST MY FILM ! They are apparently unreliable and I will never use them again and would advise everyone else to do likewise! It is so disheartening to make the effort to capture images only to never see the results. Although I have a B&W darkroom for prints and enlargements, to develop my own film would be costly and inconvenient so I depend on commercial labs. But never again to SNAPFISH !
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bugger! That really sucks, Barbara!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin