Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,010   Online: 766

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment: May-June 2010 "FACES"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is my turn to select the May-June topic for the MSA.
    I would like to propose a subject that is within the reach of us all, with one restriction. Images of "faces", any faces, including those on inanimate objects (clocks, dolls, animals, etc.).
    The restriction? I would ask that they be close-ups, showing only head, neck and shoulders.
    So get out there, get close and shoot!
    I'll post a few examples to get us started...
    Best to all,
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good choice! Hope you get lots of participation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll take a go at it again,kind of fun.Promise to get pic's in earlier this time.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    are these to be digitally uploaded or scanned prints? How is this done? I'm new enough to apug that I don't know what the rules are. I'm sure I can scan a print but don't have the ability to scan negatives right now.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtracker View Post
    are these to be digitally uploaded or scanned prints? How is this done? I'm new enough to apug that I don't know what the rules are. I'm sure I can scan a print but don't have the ability to scan negatives right now.
    Shadowtracker:

As a member (not a subscriber), you will not be able to upload to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, but you can upload an attachment to a post in this thread.

The original photographs must have been taken on film, but conversion of that film image to a digital file that can be uploaded can be done in a number of different ways:

1) Scans from prints are always good;
    2) Scans from transparencies are good too;
    3) Scans from negatives are also acceptable.

There are restrictions on the types and sizes (both file sizes, and pixel dimensions) of digital files that can be attached to a post. If you click on the paper clip icon from the advanced Reply to Thread screen the acceptable file types and sizes appear.

You can also link to an image that is already posted to the web.

Hope this helps. Ask away if you have more questions.

PS This is even more fun if you become a subscriber, and can post to and review at leisure the galleries .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! FACES!.....
    Man, time to give that 105/2.5 some air, been a while since I last used it!
    Thanks Barbara, great choice!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK folks! I've posted some old images to give you an idea of what "FACES"
    is about. If people aren't your thing, there are clocks, dolls, animals,etc.
    Have fun!
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi I'm new here how do I upload an image here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well Alan,no one esle has responded so I'll tell you how I do it,mind you I really don't know what I'm doing but it seems to work.
    1.Go to Monthly Shooting Assignment by clicking Gallery at the top tool bar or thing at top of page.

2.Once in the Gallery,scroll down to Monthly Shooting Assignment and click on it.

3.Once in M.S.A. (monthly shooting assignment) scroll down past picture's to Upload Image and click.

4.You will see 4 or 5 browse space's,(1 for each picture).Click on the top browse space and that should take you to your own computer files,pick the picture file you want to down load.There is a limit on the size of the files but I can't help you with that,but just ask any 1st or 2nd grade kid they have far more experance than I.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the information.
    Tim Flynn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin