Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,492   Online: 956

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yet five weeks to go for light and shade MSA!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10555-barn.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am having such fun with this topic! Suddenly I see shadows EVERYWHERE! I am wondering, do we need to include the object that is making the shadow in the image or is the shade itself sufficient?
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bertus's example above is just the shadow, so I don't think he'd mind.

Yesterday was sunny, so I was out for a walk and a few shots. So wonderdul to have spring sproinging.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just do what you like it: objects with shadow, only the shadow. You can use a lamp and make the shadow to yourself! Here is an example with eggs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow-b.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	33407 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	33408 And thanks for your message!
    Last edited by Bertus; 04-03-2011 at 12:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK. I shot a whole roll of Ilford and sent it off to be developed. (Ashamed to admit I don't do it myself, but I do make my own prints.) Hopefully there will be a couple that I can post ! This is one reason, believe it or not, that I like film. I have to wait 10-12 days to see the results! Gives me something to look forward to. Also, it makes me a more careful shooter when I know I can't just delete the bad ones!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara ann View Post
    OK. I shot a whole roll of Ilford and sent it off to be developed. (Ashamed to admit I don't do it myself, but I do make my own prints.) Hopefully there will be a couple that I can post ! This is one reason, believe it or not, that I like film. I have to wait 10-12 days to see the results! Gives me something to look forward to. Also, it makes me a more careful shooter when I know I can't just delete the bad ones!
    I shoot a whole roll of Ilford and then develop, stop, fix and wash it in 25 minutes so I can see it right away

I can cut out the bad ones, they fall onto the cutting room floor
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    I shoot a whole roll of Ilford and then develop, stop, fix and wash it in 25 minutes so I can see it right away

I can cut out the bad ones, they fall onto the cutting room floor
    Interesting! But I don't shoot on a regular basis so the chemicals expire and it can get pricey to keep buying them. Also, I can't judge just from the negs which ones are "keepers"! I have to see the print. You must have a very good eye!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara ann View Post
    ..(Ashamed to admit I don't do it myself, but I do make my own prints.) ...
    No shame, please. Everybody has to work from where they are in life. Regardless of whether you send them out by necessity or desire, the fact that they get done is what counts.

When I first started getting back into photography after my nest was empty I sent everything out to begin.

I'm just delighted that there's enough demand that Ilford can even offer the service. So far as I know they are the only film manufacturer offering processing too. Kodak hasn't done in-house processing for a long, long time. And I cannot think of any others who offer it as a service.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Barbara Ann - Rodinal!! It keeps for decades. HC110 concentrate has got a pretty long shelf life too. I've got indicator stop bath that's got to be over 10 years old, and I think fix is pretty hardy too.

Years ago I used to buy Ilfosol in little 500 ml bottles and always ended up throwing away at least half of it all dark drown and nasty.

This advice, of course, is offered on the premise that you miss developing your own.... if not - just do what works for you. It's all about having fun with photography.

P.S. Look forward to seeing your photos for this topic. I just developed some film last night shot with this in mind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, HC-110 and DD-X are my secret though I easily go through over 20L of working solution in 6 months so I really have no trouble using it up. Same for paper developer though I wish I could use the capacity there, I'm so slow at printing that it oxidizes before I can really use it up!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin