Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,976   Posts: 1,523,653   Online: 1130

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    No shame, please. Everybody has to work from where they are in life. Regardless of whether you send them out by necessity or desire, the fact that they get done is what counts.

When I first started getting back into photography after my nest was empty I sent everything out to begin.

I'm just delighted that there's enough demand that Ilford can even offer the service. So far as I know they are the only film manufacturer offering processing too. Kodak hasn't done in-house processing for a long, long time. And I cannot think of any others who offer it as a service.
    Interesting! I never knew Ilford would process film. Can you tell me how to access their service?
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Dear sly and hpulley~
    Many thanks for the info! I am SO isolated from film photographers (even though I curate for two small art galleries) that I don't hear about other methods for developing and printing. Folks look at me funny when I announce I only use film. But the jokes on them as they will never know the glorious feeling that comes when that image begins to appear in the developer tray!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Around here no one has done real optical enlargements for years so I have to do it myself! I print B&W and color in my basement and develop the film too as the labs here are slow and do a poor job on film these days. If you complain about the quality they just suggest you shoot digital sadly as that is most of their business these days, digicams and injket printers which just don't give me the results I want (or the process I want to use either).
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Less light and shadow, and more trick of the light, I wish I could say I processed this myself, but this is a Dr5 slide, I wanted to see how the background would be affected by metering on the light bulb. I found out that it would go away completely.

"Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see that you have worked on the topic, I wonder what else is coming!
    - Bert

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    Less light and shadow, and more trick of the light, I wish I could say I processed this myself, but this is a Dr5 slide, I wanted to see how the background would be affected by metering on the light bulb. I found out that it would go away completely.
    Forgot to mention.
    Nikon FA
    Nikkor 105 f/2.5
    f2.5 and spot metered on the 60Watt light bulb, I didn't notice the shutter speed.
    Kodak TX400 shot at ISO 400, Dr5 processed.

Next time I should probably focus on the front of the shade, or stop down a little.
    This slide projects really nicely.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice, such beautiful and different contributions are made​​. I hope to see some more!

Shooter
    35mm
    My contribution to the theme (taken from my existing collection):

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...o-ruggeri.html

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another one I have to print, just can't seem to get printing time in the basement these days. Must endeavor to do so this weekend... so another negative scan for now...

Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley
    Another one I have to print, just can't seem to get printing time in the basement these days. Must endeavor to do so this weekend... so another negative scan for now...

This one is excellent.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin