Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,589   Online: 910

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That should be fun. I've been looking for an excuse to get to the Farmers' Market...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

The END of film cameras?

Dear Fellow MSAers,
    I have some devastating news to share! My beloved N75 developed a glitch. When I took it to my dealer to be repaired, I was (literally) laughed at and told that film cameras have gone "bye-bye" ! The only thing I can do is send it to Nikon. IF they have the necessary parts, they will give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair it. If the repairs are too costly, they will return the camera to me, no charge.
    All this time I've worried that they would stop making film for us to use. It never occurred to me that they would discontinue film cameras! I am SO sad.
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Images
    Wow. What a good way to lose business. Sounds like it is time to find a different repair shop.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara ann View Post
    My beloved N75 developed a glitch. When I took it to my dealer to be repaired, I was (literally) laughed at and told that film cameras have gone "bye-bye" ! The only thing I can do is send it to Nikon.
    That would be the same Nikon that still sells a couple of brand new 35mm film camera models? Right?

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara ann View Post
    Dear Fellow MSAers,
    I have some devastating news to share! My beloved N75 developed a glitch. When I took it to my dealer to be repaired, I was (literally) laughed at and told that film cameras have gone "bye-bye" ! The only thing I can do is send it to Nikon. IF they have the necessary parts, they will give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair it. If the repairs are too costly, they will return the camera to me, no charge.
    All this time I've worried that they would stop making film for us to use. It never occurred to me that they would discontinue film cameras! I am SO sad.
    barbara ann
    I don't know who you're using, but I would find someone else. I always had good luck with Bergen County Camera - their Westwood store is only about a half hour or so from Kenilworth. If they can't fix it themselves, they will find someone who can.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    I don't know who you're using, but I would find someone else. I always had good luck with Bergen County Camera - their Westwood store is only about a half hour or so from Kenilworth. If they can't fix it themselves, they will find someone who can.
    Thanks for the info but Nikon will no longer send parts to repair shops! And they are no longer making parts for the N75. When their supply runs out, my camera will no longer be repairable . Also, I understand they will probably charge more than the camera is worth to fix it. I have another N75 (I used to keep one with B&W and one with color film) that I can still use, but when that one breaks, I guess I'm done...
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Luckily there are millions of other Nikon bodies available for cheap. I don't think there is any chance of working film bodies running out, ever.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Markets
    This sounds really interesting. I am new to APUG, so can anyone shed a little light? I tried to find threads concerning this but may be I'm not looking at the right place?

So I shoot photos that reflect the theme... and then? Upload here for all to see? Or is this supposed to be something like an incentive to shoot for oneself only?

Well, either way this sounds interesting... I think I'll shoot a couple or so rolls!! =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you upload to the gallery, choose the monthly shooting assignment sub-gallery and post a link to the image here too. This seems to be the best way.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    This is my post for the assignment.

It's from my archive: Fish market in the covered market of Santiago del Chile, end of February 1999. What I like of this picture is that everybody is looking everywhere else with the exception of the boy in the centre of the picture, who is looking straight at the camera (his expression is probably not caught in the low-resolution attachment).

Fabrizio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 990098.jpg  
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin