Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,650   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 844

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fabrizio:

It is a great photo - thanks for posting it!

Technically, however, "archive" shots are discouraged, and new shots are encouraged.

The following is a re-post of the "rules/suggestions" for the MSA:

For first-timers, the following summary of standard procedures should help (I am indebted to Ken Nadvornick for putting most of this together for a previous assignment, and not objecting when I proposed to re-use [aka “borrow”] it):

(1) Take note of the MSA assignment, which you will find inserted into the title of this thread.

(2) Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.

(3) You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.

(4) It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, the previous winner (who determined the theme) will choose a “winner”, and the photographer associated with the "winner" will have the opportunity to choose a theme for the MSA in a couple of months time, and then choose the next “winner” from the submissions.

Additional hints about uploading your photographs...

(5) How to upload if you are an APUG subscriber: As a subscriber you can upload to the APUG galleries. You perform the upload in the same way you would upload to the standard gallery, except you press the "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Assignment, that’s it.

(6) How to upload if you are NOT an APUG subscriber: If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the APUG galleries. Instead, you'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead.

(7) (For subscribers only) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in - in this case to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery.

8) Most importantly, have fun!

Matt
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Matt, for reposting the guidelines. Really appreciate it.

Maliha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really nice shot, Dia!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There you go, folks:
    three off shots to get everyone's creative juices flowing.

Taken in the recent festival at Warriewood Sports grounds. They do these every year now and it is becoming a local institution attended by folks all over the Northern Sydney area.

Time to get cracking with your shots!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm flat out today with preparations for an O/S trip.
    Will do the selection tomorrow (Sunday over here) and post the results. Still time to submit any late ones.

It's been a great set if images for this assignment with all sorts of different techniques being used.
    Who says analogue photography is dead? With this sort of variety, it's a funny kind of "death" indeed! And I am impressed by the number of prints: truly a great effort!

It is indeed a pleasure and a privilege to be part of this group. Thanks folks!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm late on July-August...
    Last edited by hpulley; 07-02-2011 at 06:57 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I do start the thread...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And here is my late entry, taken last month but just uploaded now. I intend to print it RA-4, maybe even today and if so I'll upload a scan of the print but this is just a negative scan since I'm so late...

I wish I'd gotten down a little lower for the shot but even with a wide angle lens I was on the road for this shot and didn't wish to be run over...

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, here are the results.

Bertus gave us three great entries. The colour one in Germany brought back so many memories! It can indeed be a colourful place over there, in Sumer. The "legs for sale" one really cracked me up! Do folks actually sell THAT at markets? Amazing!

Sly gave us 4 very nice entries. The first one with the rainy day really touched home as we've been under a wet spell over here and I could well relate to the feeling. And the execution with plenty of grain is just perfectly suited. The last one with the portrait of the girl is a great moment capture. Just a little bit more of "market" in it (maybe the background?) and it'd have been a winner for me.

hpulley came in late, but with an interesting shot that shows us you don't need miles and miles of markets to have something worth visiting!

elcabezagrande came up with a cracker of a shot. Simple, direct to the point, very sharp where needed and with great tonality. I'm also a sucker for leather hats, so that one rang close to home.

Diapositivo gave us a great shot, full of atmosphere. Just a little bit larger or a little more cropping and it'd have been perfect.

Kraker only entered two shots, but they had "markets" written all over them. I loved the "shiny objects one": it's one of the great attractions in markets, those tables full of trinkets! I know I spend hours at our local one, going through every table such as this one!

But the other one - Elmo - to me is just perfect. The incredible cacophony of things in the background is sooooo typical of local markets! It is indeed one of the main attractions of these events. And to have the little detail of Elmo popping up almost as a "me too!" is just the icing on the cake. The technical execution is also right up there, with plenty of smooth greys and the odd speck of white and black here and there, just enough to give it a bit of sparkle. Well done!

Carry on, Kraker: the assignment after next is all yours to decide!
    And thanks everyone for all your great contributions. APUG is the winner here, with so many great entries!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (ZZZZzzzzz....) Huh? What? Ooh, something sure happened while I was away on holiday (where I had even more encounters with "markets", still waiting to be developed).

Thanks, thanks! I hadn't expected that...

So... the July-August MSA is starting or has started; for the September-October MSA it is up to me to come up with a theme and do the judging at the end? Is that correct?

I'm on it, I'm on it...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I think so. I just created the July-August theme and thread so assume you'll do the same. At the end we judge the best and they get to be the Nov-Dec and Jan-Feb theme creators.

Happiness is...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin