Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,624   Online: 1292

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assigment July-August 2011: "Hats"

Monthly Shooting Assigment July-August 2011: "Hats"

I'm late, I'm late, sorry! I thought a July-August thread would be created for me and I'd just reply to it but I don't see one so I'm creating one. Apologies if there is a thread and I didn't see it or if one was still to be created and I'm doing this wrong. It is July 2nd so I thought I should get this posted.

I tried to come up with a topic that hasn't been done in the MSA before. Seeing Kate's red maple leaf fascinator yesterday made me think of hats... they can be worn (by people, pets or others) or just on display.

Moderators, please make this a sticky thread. Thanks!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hats! A good summer topic for those of us in the northern hemisphere. I like straw hats that cast freckles of light across a face. I'll start looking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Hats! A good summer topic for those of us in the northern hemisphere. I like straw hats that cast freckles of light across a face. I'll start looking.
    For those in the sourthern hemisphere... well it is warm even in winter most places down there, isn't it? If it is cold then ski hats are fair game too ;-)

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MSA Guidelines

For first-timers, the following summary of standard procedures should help (I am indebted to Ken Nadvornick for putting most of this together, and not objecting when I proposed to re-use [aka “borrow”] it):

(1) Take note of the MSA assignment, which you will find inserted into the title of this thread.

(2) Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.

(3) You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.

(4) It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, I (a previous winner) will choose a “winner”, and the photographer associated with it will have the opportunity to choose a theme for the MSA in a couple of months time, and then choose the “winner” from the submissions.

Additional hints about uploading your photographs...

(5) How to upload if you are an APUG subscriber: As a subscriber you can upload to the APUG galleries. You perform the upload in the same way you would upload to the standard gallery, except you press the "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Assignment, that’s it.

(6) How to upload if you are NOT an APUG subscriber: If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the APUG galleries. Instead, you'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead.

(7) (For subscribers only) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in - in this case to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery.

8) Most importantly, have fun!

Matt
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good subject, we have a parade in Rotterdam next Month, I'll try to shoot some pictures there. Just for the start here is an oldy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10703-conversation.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good topic, Harry. Hat counter, McRoberts Store, yesterday. Salted paper print on Crane's cover stock from sheet of Kodak 2430. 10 minute exposure at roughly f/8.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails msa-hats.jpg  
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great contest entry!

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, got the family involved in the MSA - Hats! It was fun and they'll get a kick out of seeing their photos "online"! Hope helmets qualify as "hats"! If not, no worries...
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hats, nice theme! I took these two photographs during our vacation, 2 weeks ago.

Woman Reading, NYC, Central Park, Sheep Meadow (#1) by s_wittmann, on Flickr

Woman Reading, NYC, Central Park, Sheep Meadow, (#2) by s_wittmann, on Flickr

(Hasselblad 500 c/m, CZ Planar 2.8/80 mm, Acros 100 @80, developed in Spur HRX-III, film scans)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great entries Barbara and Sandra! Thanks.

Happiness is...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin