Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,913   Online: 780

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    I've been inspired alot by this current topic! Thanks for the spark. Is there an upper limit of images per participant? I've gone a little overboard.

Looking forward to the next MSA......
    You have a lot of great images this round Lillian!

I just added a few more from my trip to Macau in September, I think I'm still under the deadline -- it must still be October on the other side of the international date line. Like Lillian, I too was inspired by this assignment, and was constantly looking for opportunities on my travels.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I think I'm still under the deadline -- it must still be October on the other side of the international date line.
    Even if you weren't: I won't be too strict on this deadline, don't worry.

But... this MSA is indeed coming to a close, so if anybody has any photos to add, I'd suggest you do so today or tomorrow.

I can't tell yet when I will do my judging, but I promise it will ultimately be done this weekend (Nov 5/6).

In the meantime, let's see what swittmann has in store for the November-December assignment.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Judging...

I apologise for the delay, but it's finally here: the judging. Nobody ever said judging was easy. It really isn't.

I've seen many beautiful photos for this MSA. It is great to see that you have been inspired by the subject of the assignment. It is also great to see the variety in submitted work.

I've seen photos from freax, alan951, Klanmeister, rmont2, jeffreyq, and multiple submissions from hpulley, Bertus, barbara ann, nsouto, sly and mooseontheloose. Thank you all for participating and delivering great photos. It has been most interesting to see all your photos, and see a bit of the thought-process "from assignment to photo" (which is in some cases very straightforward, in other cases... less so).

I would want to comment on each and every photo, but then the results will be postponed even more, so I'll go straight to my list of favourites, in no particular order:

Intersect of three worlds by alan951. A broader interpretation of the theme, the water being the window that gives a view of another (and yet the same) world.
    Centro Português de Fotografia by freax and Farm Stay Window by sly. These are two great examples of the "classic" shots that I had in mind when I came up with the theme.
    Inside/Out#1 by barbara ann. Another example of what I had hoped to see here. Not as classic as the two mentioned just before, but -if you pardon my saying so- more like a snapshot. The kind of photo that we might all be reluctant to make and to share, "what can possible be interesting about the view of my room, and the view out of my window?". Well, it may not be interesting to you, because you see it every day, but for all others, it's a new view.
    Kiva somewhere on the mesa by Klanmeister. Absolutely beautiful, a stunning shot. Material for National Geographic, if you ask me.
    Have you seen Ms. Ruthie? by rmont2. Saddening (the lost cat) and warming (the other cat) at the same time.
    Outside/In#2 by barbara ann. This is true commitment, getting a whole window replaced just so you can contribute this photo to the MSA. Or, rather, what a lucky coincidence that you were able to get this shot for the MSA.

I could go on and on, there's something interesting in each and every photo. I'm sorry if I didn't mention your photo (or a particular photo of you), but rest assured: I like that one as well.

Give me a few more minutes while I go through these favorites one more time before making the decision.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

And the winner is...

And the winner is...

barbara ann with Inside/Out#1.

Looking back at my previous post, I think I had already decided, unconsciously, that this was my favorite. Seeing as that is the photo for which I wrote the most text. It's been said already there: a "simple" shot (maybe you spent hours setting it up, getting it right, I don't know, but the end result looks very natural), a view of your room, a glimpse of the outside, exactly what I had hoped to see in this assignment.

Congratulations, barbara ann, and good luck coming up with an assignment for January-February 2012!

And again, all of you, thanks for participating!

shuttr.net

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Kraker~ Great thanks for choosing my Inside/Out#1 as winner of the MSA contest! I am humbled that it was selected from so many wonderful images! The backstory on the photo is this. For years I have had to put up and take down heavy storm windows from this area. I finally was no longer physically able to do it and made the decision to replace the windows. My son and his friend installed them and I was ecstatic with the results! My beloved back yard now actually seems like an extension of my living space. I can watch the seasons change and when it snows I will feel like I inhabit a giant snow globe as the flakes swirl around my "sliders"! As a result of aging, I spend more and more time inside my home. Now I will not feel confined or penalized but a part of the natural world that means so much to me. This joy is what I wanted to convey with my photo and I hope I succeeded at least partially.
    I will now get busy thinking about a subject for Jan/Feb MSA!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats barbara ann, great shot.

Alan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin