Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 741

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assigment September-October 2011: "Inside Out/Outside In"

September. Depending on your hemisphere of residence, summer ends and (depending on your location) fall or autumn sets in. Or winter comes to an end and spring is about to start. Maybe, just maybe, yet other seasons are at play where you reside.

Either way, within the coming two months (which is, by no coincidence, the running time for this "Monthly" Shooting Assignment), the seasons will change. Life moves from indoors to outdoors, or vice versa.

The theme for this assignment is "Inside Out/Outside In".

What I would like to see is pictures taken through windows, through open doors, etc. Pictures taken indoors showing the view of the outside as seen from your living room or any other room. Pictures taken outdoors showing the view indoors of your home, of a restaurant, of shopping windows, etc. etc.

Pictures may or may not reflect the change of season; that really doesn't matter, as long as they somehow fit the description "Inside Out/Outside In".

Use your imagination, and surprise us all. Let's go out or stay in and shoot some film!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great theme! (and one I do often) Hopefully I can find some good subjects to shoot for this assignment over Sept/Oct.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool assignment. Will get shooting!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Lovely! I am having new windows (sliders) installed today actually! As soon as they are in, I will shoot from the inside out. And maybe from the outside in!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took this the first day of the contest. Meant to rescan it to get rid of the dust but no time so here it is for now... may upload a better scan.

Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 100, Fuji Instant FP-100B, tripod, full to lighten and a filter over the eye to make up for the strong back lighting:

Window summer into fall by Harry Pulley, on Flickr
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I'm newbie and don't know if it must be taken this month. I've got this:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, some nice photos already. Good to see the first assignment results.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MSA Guidelines

For Freax and others, taken from the previous assignment (I assume it is OK to repost this, Matt, Ken), the rules. Sorry for not posting these before.

For first-timers, the following summary of standard procedures should help:

(1) Take note of the MSA assignment, which you will find inserted into the title of this thread.

(2) Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.

(3) You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.

(4) It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, I (a previous winner) will choose a “winner”, and the photographer associated with it will have the opportunity to choose a theme for the MSA in a couple of months time, and then choose the “winner” from the submissions.

Additional hints about uploading your photographs...

(5) How to upload if you are an APUG subscriber: As a subscriber you can upload to the APUG galleries. You perform the upload in the same way you would upload to the standard gallery, except you press the "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Assignment, that’s it.

(6) How to upload if you are NOT an APUG subscriber: If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the APUG galleries. Instead, you'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead.

(7) (For subscribers only) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in - in this case to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery.

8) Most importantly, have fun!

shuttr.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not in and not out here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wall-1.jpg   Wall-2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm happy to see Bertus interpret the theme broadly. When I said windows, doors, etc., I was contemplating whether or not to add "but don't feel limited to this interpretation of inside out/outside in".

Feel free to give your own interpretation to the theme. Keep 'em coming!

shuttr.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin