Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,865   Online: 977

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, with Blansky's rousing seal of approval, Sean contacted me via PM and is going to set up a sub-forum under the photographers forum for discussions such as these. I'll go ahead and stick with the plan and start at the top of this group and let folks know when they are next in line.

Suzanne Revy will post the next one Saturday. I will try to keep the posts rolling along about every 3 days.

Also, I started out with some well known photographers, but any image from any photographer is fine. I just ask that the photo be attributed to someone so others can look up additional work or info if available. Posting a link to a web site with additional images would be fine, but I like the idea of including only one image to talk about. I think the discussion is more focused that way. If someone has posted an image from a photographer you wanted to use go ahead and post a different image from the same artist if you want.

The skys the limit for image ideas. Any genre, time period, or person. Should be fun.

Thanks for all the input.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    I am absolutely into it! I was afraid the stars were intended to mean d-word photos, or just any other curse...

By the way, would you include APUG people's photos in the process as well?
    I guess if someone posts to the galleries (at least the critique gallery) they should not mind their image being discussed as well as anyone with work in the APUG sales gallery. I would only ask that you pick images that you like or find interesting (no what's wrong with this picture posts) and that you try to contact the person so they can join in the discussion.

Any other thoughts on discussing APUG members images? I know of several truly outstanding images that merit discussion (IMHO).
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Jim, I'm part of the sometimes not so silent majority who pop in from time to time, but may not want to join the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    Any other thoughts on discussing APUG members images?
    There's so many strong images in all the APUG galleries...shouldn't a PM be sent to APUG'ers, asking permission to discuss one of their images in a gallery other than the critique gallery? Seems the polite thing to do.

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a great idea. I'd like to participate! If it's possible, I'm not yet a subscriber but I will be a little later...
    - Heli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    Hi Jim, I'm part of the sometimes not so silent majority who pop in from time to time, but may not want to join the list.

There's so many strong images in all the APUG galleries...shouldn't a PM be sent to APUG'ers, asking permission to discuss one of their images in a gallery other than the critique gallery? Seems the polite thing to do.

Murray
    I agree. I can't make others ask but if I want to use an APUG member image I will ask permission.
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree. I can't make others ask but if I want to use an APUG member image I will ask permission.
    Could we not simply stipulate that permission has to be obtained first?

I have no objection to discussing other members' work at all, but I don't think I would want it to turn into mostly members' work, as there is already some space for that in the galleries.
    Cate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim

If you had made this a poll then I would vote yes. I love seeing how different people interpret an image in multiple ways. The previous examples have been a great examples of open forum discussion.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think this would be the right thing to do; this could boost the popularity of the critique gallery.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, Apug members images are fine, but you must get permission from that person as I consider this forum seperate from the intent they had when they orginally posted an image to any of the regular galleries.

I don't think it will skew to APUG images. We got a pretty eclectic bunch of folks interested to start and as others rotate in and out I think we will have a nice mix of images from classics to unknowns.

We will be adding new images every 3 days or so. Various images will generate different levels of discussion. Some may produce few posts others dozens. But I think the forum will generate a lot of visits and get others thinking about how they look at and think about photographs.
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Jim..

don
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin