Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,331   Online: 853

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Discussing a ****** photograph

I have been posting images that I find interesting and thought might stimulate some nice discussion about the photograph as art and the photographers themselves.

The discussion has been really great with a lot of good insight and opinion from all kinds of directions.

I think it might be fun to have a sort of regular feature where others can post an image they would like to submit for discussion. If anyone is intersted post your name in this thread and I will start with the first person (couple people have contacted me via PM) and I will simply send you an email or PM reminder 3 or4 days before your turn. That seems like a good time frame between threads if the 3 I have posted are any indicator.
    If that person does not post because they are out of town or busy I will simply move down the list or post one myself for that slot.

I would simply ask that you post a new thread each time in the Photographers Forum and title it with the format Discuss a (photographers name) photograph..

What ever the number of people, we will simply keep going rotating through the list.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Sean; 08-05-2006 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These threads have been excellent reads, Jim! Thanks for inviting us all to play. I have an idea for a photograph to discuss, and hope I can get the ball rolling in a few days time, per your pm.

Great idea!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    what about that HCB one or the person jumping over the water
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like the idea.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's been some of the best reading I've seen lately. Keep it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent.. what better way to start my apug life than to discuss some great work! I'd love to participate.
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've really enjoyed these threads and hope they continue, whether by the OP or others. Keep 'em comin'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am absolutely into it! I was afraid the stars were intended to mean d-word photos, or just any other curse...

By the way, would you include APUG people's photos in the process as well?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great idea - I'd like to participate too, though I will be coming and going a bit through August.
    Cate

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm glad also that this has migrated from the "Ethics and Philosophy" to the "Photographers" forum, where it really should be. These have been good threads. I'd do one.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin