Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,281   Online: 761

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs
    Anyone who's interested in seeing more of Joe's work might like to visit http://www.joecornish.com/
    Unfortunately, Joe has had his site redesigned lately. I can no longer find some of my favorite images on it. Fortunately I have his book.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Unfortunately, Joe has had his site redesigned lately. I can no longer find some of my favorite images on it. Fortunately I have his book.
    I've just looked at Joe's site and though I like some of the work I saw there, I must say that unfortunately a lot of his approach to his work seems to be very formulaic. A quality that is often seen in work of color landscape photography. It seems as though David Muench has set the mold so to speak, making the work of many others derivative.

And BTW, I do not equate landscape photography to be a variant of nature photography which seems to be a popular concept of NANPA - ettes.
    Don Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by donbga

And BTW, I do not equate landscape photography to be a variant of nature photography which seems to be a popular concept of NANPA - ettes.
    well, technically, a landscape should be a picture of a vista which includes the hand of man at work in it, though landscapes in general have moved beyond that original definition to be at least either/or - man-made or just "natural" landscapes.

I suppose if it is the later it's really a form of nature photography, because really, who gives a hoot about who or what NANPA is or what they say....!

If it's about nature, and you want to call it nature photography - then that's what it is. If you want to call it landscape - cool - do so. There's no book of rules and at matters little one way or the other. You can do landscape photography int he middle of the city if you really want to (in fact such work can often be truer to the word than is the photograph in question here....)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin