Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,856   Online: 794

Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would buy them all if I had the money. I had an industrial accident and can identify with Frida. Having a broken body is a curse, being artistic is a burden.
    Thanks for pointing out the site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm trying to recall another photograph, where the subject pictured is accompanied by a photograph or painting of themselves. Nothing comes to mind.

The contrast between the two is intriguing.

I also like the fact that the picture on the wall is slightly askew. I wonder if that was intentional.

I wish it was a little bigger on my monitor.

I wish even more that I could have met the subject of the photograph.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I spent quite a while exploring the site yesterday - thanks for posting it.

It's very interesting to see the painting and the photographic image side by side, Frida looks a little frailer (and younger) in 'real' life. Though still with a very powerful and expressive core.

I like being able to see all the different pictures of her. Probably we would all choose a different one as our favourite. Seeing them all gives a real sense of the person.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really enjoyed the site also. I love this portrait, but the crooked picture bothers me, probably because any crooked picture bothers me. I love that she looks so proud and confident. However, I prefer the one with Frida by the window with the plant. In any case thanks for posting.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin