Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,372   Online: 1095

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is an innocuous as the little dog tugging the swimsuit bottom in the suntan ad of days gone by.

Not even Disney could come up with a budget that would purchase this much publicity worldwide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And?
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Says in the news "a deal for her memoirs (reportedly seven figures)" is in the works for the kid; YES a frickin MEMOIR of a FIFTEEN year old!!! And I am supposed to take this Leibovitz "contoversy" serious then? It's about as genuine as a 0.99$ LouisVitton handbag from ebay.
    On a sidenote - did anyone take a look at the "behind-the-scenes-looks" at VF? Does it not evoke the flair of a hangout with the finest trailer park tr... (certainly not the polished group of individuals Disney would like us believe in); well, maybe I just got a slightly skewed sense of reality; and besides, Annie probably shot with a Canon digiSLR, so off this thread goes to never-never land.
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    35mm
    This story threatened to overtake Obama's preacher/minister on the O'Reilly Factor. I guess old Bill is "fair and accurate" after all.

Much ado about nothing.
    "If your pictures aren't good enough,
    you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    the whole thing is genius.

It's got a bunch of old men (any women on this thread?) talking about a 15 year old pop star.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    the whole thing is genius.

It's got a bunch of old men (any women on this thread?) talking about a 15 year old pop star.
    Hey, guess what it's on Canada's national radio 1 (CBC) RIGHT NOW :o
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    can we now officially call "Annie" a sellout and commercial hack?
    thank you!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Leibovitz has kind of put herself out there as a celebrity photographer hasn't she? (There are a few others as well, but the one name is not coming to mind and I have one of his books from years ago...) And as a portrait artist, I think she does a wonderful job of putting people at ease to get an image that looks the way it does. I don't think that is riding the coattails by any stretch, not everyone can work with celebrities, and of those who can few are able to get the kind of results she does.

Sorry, I have always liked her stuff.

As for the girl, there will always be controversy, I remember when the pictures of Alexandria Kosteniuk came out and lots of folks were up in arms about that too. There is a power a girl/woman/lady/female person whatever you want to call them have in their sexuality. Showing it off, or threatening to do so, teasingly revealing a shoulder or a wrist ankle, thigh, whatever... There is a lot in that. And even in the "nude" photograph, she is pretty much completely covered by that drape thing.

And everyone gets naked on the cover of Vanity Fair don't they? Madonna, Demi Moore, Lindsey Lohan, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson etc... But it isn't like she is posing for one of the Sophisticates, it's Vanity Fair not Maxum, Playboy, Penthouse or Hustler after all.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The worst thing about it is that they are trying to spin it and distance themselves from the magazine and the shoot. The fact that she went and publicly apologized for them is insulting.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "Miley's parents and/or minders were on the set all day. Since the photo was taken digitally, they saw it on the shoot and everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley."

But then I guess the bible-thumpin' crazies who immediately think "sex" when they see naked young kids took notice, and had to rant and rave in effort to shake off that pesky pedophilia devil.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin