Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,905   Posts: 1,584,596   Online: 905

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Liebovitz under fire

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2...anityfair.html

I don't know where to start with this one...
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You know, I've been biting my tongue here on APUG about it.

But I did write a fair amount on my blog.

I find the entire frickin' thing ridiculous and Annie should not have to make
    any kind of statement about the work.

Miley's father and several other handlers were on the set for the shoot.
    Everyone ok'd the work.

I bet the firestorm happened when an endorsement complained. Disney already
    said the show will continue.

Oh, and the news tonight said she will be worth a billion dollars in the next 3 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    g'day Toffle

so what?

the girl and her family must have seen the images and approved at the time they were taken, now somebody has changed their mind and feels embarrased

i like the bit about "manipulation to sell", isn't that what the whole entertainment business is about

Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Cyrus or Liebovitz playing at being innocent of manipulation or exploitation is really funny.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My guess is she turns into something that resembles an Olsen twin by the time she hits 21.

Right after she poses for Playboy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Really really funny...

"Excuse me, but at what point during the act you were doing for money in front of a camera did you find you were being exploited?":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    They are laughing ALL the way to the bank.

It's all crap to get spin and market buzz.

She's another Britney Spears, and Madonna before that, and Shirley Temple before that, etc.

Total meaningless dribble. Does it get our troops out of Iraq one day sooner? Does it reduce our dependence on petroleum? Does it insure the uninsured so they can have affordable health care? Does if end the conflict in Darfur?
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Right-O. No doubt these "controversies" are cooked up by the publicity machines to avoid Debbie Gibson Syndrome in which sweet innocent teen money machines hit the wall (and lose their earning power) at age 16 or 17. What better way to extend the franchise than to catapult them into full-blown sluthood before anyone asks if they are still relevant. Of course they still matter - they are in rehab fer chrissake!

Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    A Cyrus or Liebovitz playing at being innocent of manipulation, exploitation or being misunderstanding is really funny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found it interesting that Liebovitz' career was summed up in terms of two photographs... well, now I guess three.

It is also interesting that the "news" item found it necessary to place the term "misinterpreted" in quotes. (I know... too many quotes... I think I have to lie down.)

Ray... I agree with you, mate... 'cept I think the change of mind/embarrassment is on the corporate level. The whole thing reeks of public relations spin.
    Last edited by Toffle; 04-28-2008 at 11:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just goes to show ya: there is no bad publicity. Not for Miley, not for Billy Ray and certainly not for Vanity Fair.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin