Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,759   Online: 1261

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it should be tried. I'm not aware of this method ever having been used due to the one off nature of the product.

I think it is an interesting idea. Maybe I could whip up some emulsion and send you a jar.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I think it should be tried. I'm not aware of this method ever having been used due to the one off nature of the product.

I think it is an interesting idea. Maybe I could whip up some emulsion and send you a jar.

PE

Please do! I will happily test it immediately on receipt.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am an application engineer for Laurell Technologies. We manufacture spin coaters as mentioned in keithwms 12:38am post. Spin coating is used with all types of monomers and polymers, aqueous solutions, solutions with suspended nanoparticles, epoxies, optical lens coatings, paint, colloids, etc... Round, square, rectangular and irregular shapes can be used within a spin coater. Coating uniformity, when using a square or rectangular substrate, can be maximized out to the edges, when using a properly designed substrate chuck. Spin speeds can be up to 12,000rpm. If anyone has questions about spin coating, feel free to contact me at pgrasso[at]laurell.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi,
    If you are willing to test samples, it might be wothwhile to test one of my emulsions. I think that everyone on this forum makes gelatin based emulsions. I am an an Old Hippy and make emulsions based on modified PVA. The rheology is very different. I will send you some. Just tell me where to send it.
    I assume you are equiped for protecting your liquids and spun plates drom light? To keep it simple, I can send you a sample sensitive to only blue light.
    How large a sample do you need ?
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Intriguing! If it works, it might be an option for a cottage industry dry plate company. I can very much see (or at least hope) that that kind of new-to-us small company will ascend again. Some of the new technologies, like 3D printing, might be about to change a lot of our concepts about manufacturing. Back to the future, anyone?

In the meantime...
    don't overlook that a couple of bucks for some glass, a silicone baking sheet and a catheter syringe will get you perfect plates.

http://www.amazon.com/Catheter-Tip-6.../dp/B0002YFRBG
    http://www.thelightfarm.com/cgi-bin/...tent=03Nov2011

d

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrasso View Post
    I am an application engineer for Laurell Technologies. We manufacture spin coaters as mentioned in keithwms 12:38am post. Spin coating is used with all types of monomers and polymers, aqueous solutions, solutions with suspended nanoparticles, epoxies, optical lens coatings, paint, colloids, etc... Round, square, rectangular and irregular shapes can be used within a spin coater. Coating uniformity, when using a square or rectangular substrate, can be maximized out to the edges, when using a properly designed substrate chuck. Spin speeds can be up to 12,000rpm. If anyone has questions about spin coating, feel free to contact me at pgrasso[at]laurell.com
    Et voila. Thanks for chiming in. Perhaps you'd be willing to run some tests

Laurell makes some very fine equipmenmt at reasonable price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbillbugman View Post
    I assume you are equiped for protecting your liquids and spun plates drom light?
    Most of us who do spinning work only with amber or red lights anyway, as the resists are of course light sensitive. So that's no big deal. I have a whole orange room that I built out of orange plexiglas. Making a red box would be no big deal.

The Laurell unit I have also has a handy closing shield/top, it keeps everything tidy and you can purge with inert gas or warm air whatever you please. Easy peasy. The unit's inner surfaces are also seem to be made mostly of PTFE- very easy to clean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only thing I have right now Keith is some Azo type. I have used up all others. I have a very foggy high speed emulsion that could be used for test. It is about 10% iodide.

Contact me.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay, anything with realistic viscosity is fine.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Keithwms,
    Now all you need do is provide an adress to send samples to. Also please let us know what a reasonable sample size would be, bearing in mind that Ag is expensive these days.
    Bill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin