Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,990   Online: 847

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I phoned as well and got little help, I was referred to APUG for information, I think I need to pass this round.

QUOTE=gmikol;1289481]I've PM'ed Bud with some questions about pricing and other stuff but haven't gotten a response, yet.

Does anyone else out there know any of the specifics about this paper?

Composition (i.e. 100% cotton, alpha cellulose, other?)
    Thickness/weight
    Fluorescent whitening additives?
    Is it a one-time order or will there be, e.g. annual, special orders?

--Greg[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is DW standard paper from Schoeller in Germany IIRC. It is made from high grade wood pulp.

You might call the Formulary and talk to Sherry about the order frequency and other details.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That is who I spoke to, she referred me back to APUG without any details.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    It is DW standard paper from Schoeller in Germany IIRC. It is made from high grade wood pulp.

You might call the Formulary and talk to Sherry about the order frequency and other details.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, perhaps you can talk directly to Bud about this. I'll send you a PM.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Don't worry Ron,,, I have so much on my plate right now... I am trying many many alt processs and trying to find a support that I can lay down Pt Pd then do a second coat of Carbon.
    seems a very difficult combo to use for example.
    I really like the highlights of platinum palladium and the shadows of Carbon... I have lots of time to play with this .
    There are so many variables and I am trying to find substrates / papers that work with various processes well and this thread peaked my interest.

my pm function is off on APUG,, I can be reached at bob@elevatordigital.ca

thanks Bob
    Well, perhaps you can talk directly to Bud about this. I'll send you a PM.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The e-mail with my phone number is already sent Bob.

Give me a call.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used uncoated baryta for carbon transfer with good results using Bostick & Sullivans tissues. No additional sizing needed. It does resemble regular enlarging paper in look and feel. I have also tried it for Pt/Pd, but never got a perfect print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been using Baryta paper (and advocating its use) for coating any gelatin based material and some non-gelatin based materials for several years now. I have coated cyanotypes and others, but Pt/Pd does not work as noted above. Unless - you put on a sizing layer to isolate the gelatin.

Baryta is made up of gelatin mixed with Barium Sulfate coated on DW photograde paper. I have samples of these products and am very very happy with them. I have posted prints in the Emulsion forum.

As for costs? Contact the Formulary. I have no idea what these may cost.

PE
    Ron, do you think a PVOH/PVAC overcoat would work with Pt/Pd with such a paper?
    Bob, I am also "toying" with the idea to combine Pt/Pd with carbon to get the best of both processes....never done it though. What I wonder most is how it would look like when you have different tones deriving from both emulsions..perhaps like a split-toned print?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea what would mediate between the gelatin and the Pt/Pd coating. I do know that you should be able to harden any subbing layer to prevent it from washing off.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no idea what would mediate between the gelatin and the Pt/Pd coating. I do know that you should be able to harden any subbing layer to prevent it from washing off.

PE
    some time ago, one my colleague working with polymers told me that a suitable hardener for PVOH would be succinic acid anhydride or something analogous (i.e. polycarboxylic acid anhydrides)-but there are also other variants/chemistries to work with

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin