Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,358   Online: 1186

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Same as Greg's post above, I got my Formulary Baryta box of 100, 11x14 sheets last week. After making a few carbon prints over the weekend, I can confirm that this paper is just as good, if not better, for carbon transfer. I highly recommend for anybody looking for a pre-sized, glossy fiber paper to work with.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    35mm
    That's my plan for it, as well, but it will still be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to use it. Feeling the surface, I had a little concern about pigment staining (a problem I've had with some other papers), and about a gloss differential between the gelatin and the base. What was your experience with that?

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny you should mention pigment stain, as I noticed a few key differences b/t the baryta and normal fixed out photo paper.

1. Baryta doesn't seem to stain from the dichromate as badly as fixed out paper.
    2. The pigment imparts a weak "base" stain around the safe edge of the image. Attempting to remove said stain resulted in removal of the barium sulfate layer, revealing a much flatter paper surface.
    3. The gloss of the paper works well with gelatin mixes that have a matte black finish as opposed to a glossy finish. I always try to incorporate this balance as it highlights the relief in the final print.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin