Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,006   Online: 768

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Uncoated Baryta paper, Special order being placed

We are putting together a special order for Uncoated Baryta paper. 11x14 100 sheet box, and 20x24 50 sheet box.If interested in aquiring full box quantities please PM me for details or phone 406-754-2891 @ Formulary.
    We are trying to finalize this order by mid next week Jan 25 or so. We are planning to get extra and repack into smaller package sizes if you don't need full box quantity.
    Thanxs
    Bud

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hopefully not a silly question , but what is the purpose of Uncoated Baryta Paper, what are the applications?
    Quote Originally Posted by Formulary/Bud Wilson View Post
    We are putting together a special order for Uncoated Baryta paper. 11x14 100 sheet box, and 20x24 50 sheet box.If interested in aquiring full box quantities please PM me for details or phone 406-754-2891 @ Formulary.
    We are trying to finalize this order by mid next week Jan 25 or so. We are planning to get extra and repack into smaller package sizes if you don't need full box quantity.
    Thanxs
    Bud

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

You can coat virtually any alternative process material on it for very high quality results in terms of sharpness and brilliance. Mark Osterman uses it as support for his collodion prints! I use it for my Enlarging and Contact papers.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ron - for example I am interested in making carbon transfer, I like the look of fixed out silver prints as the support as per Sandy Kings brilliant work, am I to assume that this paper is sans the silver emulsion, By the sounds of your uses it is a silver paper?
    How do you prep this paper for use ?
    I am funny enough walking down the carbon road and am looking for a different support than fixed silver paper but I still want its quality's in the final print.

thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Bob;

You can coat virtually any alternative process material on it for very high quality results in terms of sharpness and brilliance. Mark Osterman uses it as support for his collodion prints! I use it for my Enlarging and Contact papers.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a non-Silver product that can be coated on directly! No sizing is needed unless you find a reason for one.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is is pre-sized with gelatin? I was thinking about using it for Pt/Pd which does not like gelatin AFAIK. And what's the approximate cost for 20x24?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this paper suited if you want to use liquid emulsion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using Baryta paper (and advocating its use) for coating any gelatin based material and some non-gelatin based materials for several years now. I have coated cyanotypes and others, but Pt/Pd does not work as noted above. Unless - you put on a sizing layer to isolate the gelatin.

Baryta is made up of gelatin mixed with Barium Sulfate coated on DW photograde paper. I have samples of these products and am very very happy with them. I have posted prints in the Emulsion forum.

As for costs? Contact the Formulary. I have no idea what these may cost.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Ron! That's good to know.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've PM'ed Bud with some questions about pricing and other stuff but haven't gotten a response, yet.

Does anyone else out there know any of the specifics about this paper?

Composition (i.e. 100% cotton, alpha cellulose, other?)
    Thickness/weight
    Fluorescent whitening additives?
    Is it a one-time order or will there be, e.g. annual, special orders?

--Greg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin