Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,666   Online: 810

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Rhodium and KI treating Film and Paper

Can I treat 35mm , 120 or sheet Film and Paper Emulsion with Potassium Iodide or Rhodium Salts before exposing ? I am after Brovira look.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, unfortuntely, you cannot.

And, even if you could, this would not give you a "Brovira" look.

IT was achieved by other means. I believe that the formulas were posted here by someone and they were taken from Glafkides book, but unfortunately Glafkides has made some transcription errors and some omissions and thus the data is incorrect.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That Brovira look was almost unique to the Agfa Paper the closest I've seen from another manufacturer was 1970's Kentmere Bromde.

However it' should be possible to get close with a good combination of a current paper and developer, I'm not a Bromide paper user (I only use warm toned chloro-bromide papers these days) but you'd need to us quite a contrast developer like ID-14.

Subtle post toning of a FB print can work as well but there's so many variables and you need to get to know how a particular paper behaves.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin