Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,339   Online: 1041

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is also lulu.com if you have any interest in download on demand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that changing your signature Ron is a great idea. That will retroactively change all your posts (ever) to have that signature.

Marketing is so important and I'll 2nd that so far, your book remains somewhat on the DL (down-low for all those over 30... ).

This might be a long-shot, but how often does a book on Emulsion making come out?? Imagine if the Brit. J. of Phot. did a story on it. Have you considered a "press-release" of sorts?, as silly as that may sound.

PF doesn't even say the name of the author. Wow. The description is just the table of contents, which is really not the space or place to present this. This is where the sell should be happening. I'd be more than happy to draft something up if you're interested.

I want the ball to start rolling for this book, and I think we need to start kicking it around!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    A little bit more information with a real photograph at the ads would not hurt anyone and may be an bikini woman with a glass rod in her hand
    Saying I love glass rods especially Rons )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Sounds like some people are jealous, for what reason, who knows. The majority respect your knowledge and experience, and are smart enough to learn from it. That is what counts. Keep up the good work.
    I agree. As an engineer with 50 years experience, I fine that several industries that make similar products use similar methods. Everyone just gravitates to what ever works best, and keep learning at trade shows, industry groups (like SAE) etc. To say you're forcing the "Kodak Way" down ones throat is ludicrous. Nobody's forcing anyone to buy your book or use your methods.
    As fotch said, "keep up the good work"! We enjoy and learn from your posts.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys.

Best wishes to you all as well.

Pe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin