Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,830   Online: 853

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    We are very busy here in Toronto, working with different papers , processes, from carbon -colour and black and white to gum, cyanotype and different silver gelatin paper processes.

The basic problem for me here on APUG is I use a digital element to produce my negatives and positives , this digital conversation is not possible here, so therefore I am here only for specific darkroom discussions that do not push the envelope.
    Not that these discussions are not of worth but all the new progress we are making here involves a taboo topic.
    For me, printing has always been the grail, not the capture medium. APUG runs the risk of looking clued out, bitter, and inconsequential to the extent it emphasizes the latter above all else. Too bad Bob feels constrained by this. His work is superb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Denise;

Most all of my queries on emulsions are from active emulsion makers.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    We aren't making our own emulsions - yet. But we will if we have to. The interest from our end is in knowing how to do it, and who to go to, just in case. I have to say that the emulsion making workshop at the GEH was the most fun thing I had done in years, and in a couple of days I understood enough to realize what we needed to do to proceed with that part of our program.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

Keep at it. More workshops to come too. Lets keep having fun!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Denise,

I'm still in(terested), but have not been active in this and last year.

There is a reason though: I'm starting up a business on motion picture film processing and other lab services such as scanning and contact printing.

Actually, I hope that when I get my core business running, it would give me freedom, some money and resources to go further in emulsion making & coating, maybe bearing some "hand made film products" some day .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hrst,

Outstanding! Congratulations. Best of luck with the business. I can't think of a better 'excuse' for taking a vacation from emulsion making, but I look forward to you getting back in the game. You were way ahead of everyone with your excellent erythrosin emulsion.

Again, best of luck. I'm sure "...freedom, some money and resources..." will be in your future.

d
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin