Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,710   Online: 915

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Capturing near, farfield lens aberrations with multi stacked thick emulsion layers

Ship hydrodynamics research near and far field wakes seperately as lens designers classifies the success of a lens design before focus , focus and after focus aberrations graphs.

I learned that thickness of an emulsion is an active element and turns effectiveness of grains in 3D.

I thought what happens if we use a 1 centimeters thick emulsion and focus the lens in the half distance.
    There would be continious recording of all calculated aberrations in this thickness. But reading this thick record needed may be a digital tool and for each time I opened my mouth to digital , susan deletes my ideas , I decided to put 3 separeted emulsions.

By this way , if we want to use one of the aberrated layer to create a impressionist picture , it would be a wise decision. We can mask each other and print different areas with different taste.

What do you think ?

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could work for sheet film, but would be difficult to roll smaller films at 1cm thick. You'd then need a MRI or cat scan machine to unlayer it. You would certainly need computing power to isolate the layers unless they came apart physically.

You could do it with a glass negative (one layer on each side), but would probably get too much scattering as light passes through one emulsion, onto the other side of the glass and back again. If it did work, you could put IR on one side, and visible or blue on the other side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I thought what happens if we use a 1 centimeters thick emulsion....
    What do you think ?

Umut
    Interesting...
    How long do you think it will take to completely dry,
    then expose, soak, process, completely wash & finally dry
    a 10,000 micron thick slab of emulsion... ?

Unfortunately, my enlarger cannot accept such thick films.

X-Ray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin