Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,355   Online: 1187

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This is called Scientific Glass Blowing , one of the purest art form

http://www.allenglass.com/scientific...g-process.html

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In college I knew a premed chem major who had a bong that looked a lot like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is the silver addition gadget from Mark Osterman's GEH darkroom. There are a lot of much simpler ways to add silver to an emulsion, but I absolutely love the look of the thing! Off and on I wonder if it couldn't be used as a hook to tie emulsion making into the Steam Punk culture. Mark's emulsion recipe comes from just about the era the culture parodies. Unfortunately, my marketeering creativity totally breaks down when I start to imagine all the Steam Punk things that you could fit your darkroom with! On top of Mad Scientist culture, maybe?? The mind boggles.
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, it is Mark Ostermans' Steam Punk gadget. Through this thread I got the technical term for what it is, and then I remembered you had some description of the stopcock buret. So I am going to get one of these. Or two.

Good call on the Steam Punk angle - maybe that is the way?

BTW, darkroom is getting closer now. Some things are starting to fall into place.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent news about the darkroom! I hope it comes together by winter. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Summer without a darkroom is just fine, but a darkroom is the blessing of winter.
    d
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It needs a lot of brass fittings or tubing to fit into the Victorian Era. But that would interfere with the emulsion making to have brass.

It looks ot me to be out of any chemistry lab from about 1850 to the current day...
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin