Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,603   Online: 1103

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Good luck in Rochester, Chris. Learn lots from Mark and Ron and those other guys too. I'm looking forward to your posts about things Ron and Mark have taught you.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic! Best of luck.

PS: I was in Rochester this summer and LOVED the city!!!! Best kept secret in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris, This sounds awesome, and so much more dynamic than the Photo Conservator program that I think you were thinking about at Ryerson in Toronto.

If you get the itch to get our way at some time I have a spare bed room, extra darkroom facilities enlargers, and a spot in the driveay to park to host you.

We are about 3 hours away from your new base. It may sound like a long way if you have always lived close to home, but once you start to spread your wings it gets easier.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A bold decision. Exciting. Awesome! Best of luck, and be sure to keep us updated.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again, thanks everyone for the encouragement, the generous offers and also the words of wisom. I take them all seriously and my hope is to do good by everyone. I know that Ron and I are going to have a lot of fun doing this. He's always hinted at wanting some help in his work, and the time was right for something new in my life. I thought maybe grad school, but in the end, this seemed like the road less traveled.

I should mention that this internship is completely unpaid, so I'll have to find work and support myself. But that's all part of the fun I guess, and I'm confident I can find something to pay the bills. Regardless of this challenge, I s'pose I'll never have a lower standard of living than I do currently... so better now than later!

If anyone has any good rice and beans recipes, I'm all ears.

The short, cold winter days of Rochester should be the perfect setting for darkroom work and study. There's a huge list of stuff I want to try to tackle, and only time will tell how much I can actually get to. One thing is for sure, I'll never get bored and be wondering what to do next. All the while, I'm going to be scanning everything, writing up everything and sharing anything that might be of interest.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might try asking Kodak if the still provide Bursaries, while it's unlikely you never know there may be money in funds that the Directors can't touch for anything else. There's possibly Trusts etc that maybe able to help as well, either way you'd have to make a case for what you're proposing to study/research but that might not be a bad thing anyway.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Don't forget canned tuna fish. Nectar of the unemployed And when you feel like splurging, mix the canned tuna into (cooked!) Kraft Mac & Cheese. And don't forget to come visit here in DC - we don't have the photo resources that Eastman House does, but we've got some pretty cool collections and museums down here too

Seriously, this sounds like an awesome opportunity - I'm jealous as all heck, and best of luck to you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chris-

Since you came on board here, I've been impressed with your level of curiosity and intelligent questioning. This is a great next step for you.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post

If anyone has any good rice and beans recipes, I'm all ears.
    No, that's for corn and beans recipes.

I know, corny joke.

Well, you are from Kansas...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Trying to make a (corn)silk purse out of a sow's ear?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin