Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,992   Online: 836

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Agx

Thanks
    I ll contact him monday and report back.

Cheers
    Henk

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    BTW, the Kodak adresses I have on my fixer bottle shows Switzerland, England and Poland as contact points. The fixer itself is made in Germany though.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak, however, does not sell any emulsion making chemicals or equipment to anyone under any circumstances.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Kodak, however, does not sell any emulsion making chemicals or equipment to anyone under any circumstances.

PE
    Good point there.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format

Light Farm silver gelatin web tutorials

Thank you Denise for the tutorial! My first hand coated sheet is now in the wash. I messed up with the directions a bit (forgot to add Everclear), but I still got an image. Yay!!!! I'm hooked now.

Eugene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361166889.707170.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    Thank you Denise for the tutorial! My first hand coated sheet is now in the wash. I messed up with the directions a bit (forgot to add Everclear), but I still got an image. Yay!!!! I'm hooked now.

Eugene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Eugene,

Nice picture, better than mine. Congrats. About the addiction: I think it´s a worldwide thing, I am hooked on this emulsion making here in Europe too.

Henk

JMB

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You all may be interested in the fact that Mirko, of Fotoimpex fame, has been in contact with many of the former Agfa people and has the ability to get most all photochemicals for emulsion making. That is whey I suggested contacting Fotoimpex. He may be willing to supply these and I am sure that he can get his hands on them very easily.

PE
    My response was a fair reply to the foregoing post, and it was accurate. A moderator seems to claim that he contacted Fotoimpex to confirm, apparently, whether Fotoimpex ultimately ignored a large order for paper from a company that it represents. It appears that since Fotoimpex denied any problem on its part that the moderator decided to delete my comment. This sort of censorship is unfair to posters and to readers. After two or three emails (which included responses from Fotoimpex and unfulfilled promises to provide quotes for my order, a visit to the Berlin store, and one telephone call, I simply dropped all further efforts to fill the order with Fotoimpex and filled it with Bergger instead. Hence, my post was intended as a casual response to the suggestion that Fotomipex might be thought of as a creative source for difficult to find raw chemicals. It was a fair response and not in the least aimed at pursuing any thing at all further with Fotimpex concerning my order, as the moderator apparently advises.

And in fact, I would indeed be pleasantly surprised if a photographer would have much luck getting Fotoimpex's cooperation in purchasing a very wide range of raw chemicals for emulsion making. Apparently, its possible to secure a supply of gelatin from the store, but I would be delighted to hear if anyone has any success getting Fotoimpex's cooperation in obtaining an adequate range of raw chemicals. There are much better sources for chemicals in Germany as several posters have already revealed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

A heads-up for anyone interested in learning dry plate photography. I'll be starting in on a basic recipe this week. Since the Light Farm online workshops are designed to be a progressive learning experience -- gradually building to more complex recipes and techniques -- the dry plate tutorial will assume the skills learned in the Gaslight Paper tutorial. If you were planning to jump with dry plate, you will want to familiarize yourself with the paper lessons.

http://www.thelightfarm.com/Map/TLFT...-emulsions.htm

If you haven't started making paper yet, but are thinking about it, you will greatly enjoy the series of articles that "Polder" has written about his experiences. Articles 6 - 12, here: http://thelightfarm.com/Map/Index/IndexPart1.htm.

Henk's experiences put to rest any concerns that it's impossible to make emulsions in the EU.

And very exciting news: technology has come to our rescue! There is now a marvelous new material for coating film -- available from just about any company that sells arts supplies to the public. Grafix has released a replacement for their acetate wet media film. They have subbed Dura-lar (a material they call "the acetate alternative") to accept wet media. I've been putting it through its paces and it's brilliant. Perhaps better than either 3M or Dupont hydrophilic film.

This opens up the whole field of d.i.y. photography. Plate holders are expensive and increasingly hard to find. Glass is heavy. Now, those limitations are eliminated. I'll have more information on TLF.

Best of days to all,
    d
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's exciting news, Denise.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Denise,
    Am I reading you right? Is this new material "stiff" enough to be used like large format film in view cameras.
    Kirk,
    I tawt ya was dead! Glad to know I was wrong!
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin