Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,360   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Ilfochrome Resurrection Dye Information for Inkjet

I read at one of Ilford Switzerland Research Paper and found that Ilfochrome uses a water soluble dyes. Easy, if We wont be able to manufacture many layers of color emulsion at home , We could inkjet the dyes.

Is there a patent, research paper which is close today to give dye chemistry ? And who. is manufacturing these dyes ?

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am still learning the process , dyes needed to be converted , chemically treated from one color to other. I think this could be done before inkjetting or dye transfer with these treated dyes if analog is necessary and if they penetrate in to the gelatin.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As AgX reported at other thread , total chemistry is silver halide plus dye plus catalyst .. All forms the total color of single dye.
    I am looking for to learn if the final color chemical soluble in something non toxic ?

Thank you AgX.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 06-07-2013 at 06:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    CIBA

4284709 Process for incorporating photographic additives in hydrophilic colloid preparations August 18, 1981
    A process for incorporating photographic additives which are sparingly soluble to insoluble in water into a free-flowing, aqueous preparation which contains a hydrophilic colloid and is used to prepare photographic layers, by mixing the photographic additives with a combination of at
    4269928 Process for the production of photographic images by dye diffusion transfer and photographic mat May 26, 1981
    A photographic dye diffusion transfer process is provided which operates by imagwise release of a dye.The dye diffuses to a receiving layer and is mordanted there to give a dye image. The dyes are released from a compound of the formula D--E--F--BAL by reductive cleavage.D is a group whi
    4260770 Naphtholactam dyes April 7, 1981
    New Dyes of the formula ##STR1## are described wherein R represents alkyl, alkenyl or preferably hydrogen,X represents a modified carboxyl group, the radical --SO.sub.2 --T or a heterocyclic radical wherein T represents alkyl, alkenyl or preferably aryl,An represents an anion,Y repre
    4256896 Naphtholactam dyestuffs March 17, 1981
    A naphtholactam dyestuff of the general formula (1) ##STR1## in which R represents C.sub.1 -C.sub.5 -alkyl, C.sub.1 -C.sub.5 -alkenyl, C.sub.6 -C.sub.9 -cycloalkyl, C.sub.6 -C.sub.9 -aralkyl, aryl or, preferably, hydrogen, X represents --COOH, --COO.sup..crclbar. cation.sup..sym.
    4246410 Naphtholactam dyestuffs January 20, 1981
    A naphtholactam dyestuff of the general formula (I) ##STR1## in which R represents alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkyl, aralkyl, aryl or, preferably, hydrogen, M represents hydrogen or a cation, X represents .dbd.O, .dbd.NH or .dbd.NR', Y represents a free or modified carboxyl group, Z re
    4238564 Recording material for color photography December 9, 1980
    Recording material for color photography, which contains, in at least one silver halide emulsion layer, at least one yellow coupler of the formula ##STR1## in which R.sub.1, R.sub.2, and R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 are alkyl, cycloalkyl or aryl, X.sub.1, X.sub.2, X.sub.3 and X.sub.4 are radi
    4237281 Dyestuffs containing amino or imino groups December 2, 1980
    Novel dyestuffs containing amino or imino groups and their preparation are provided.These dyestuffs have the general formula ##STR1## wherein R is --N(R.sub.3)CH.sub.2 --Z or --N.dbd.CH--Z, X is N or CR.sub.6 where R.sub.6 is a hydrogen atom or an optionally substituted alkyl or
    4236007 Naphtholactam dyestuffs November 25, 1980
    A dyestuff of the general formula (I) ##STR1## in which R represents alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkyl, aralkyl, aryl or, preferably, hydrogen, M represents hydrogen or a cation, Y represents a free or modified carboxyl group, Z represents a non-ionic substituent, n represents 0, 1 or 2
    4233399 Photographic elements containing amino-substituted hydroxy-pyridones November 11, 1980
    Pyridone dyestuffs of the formula ##STR1## are provided wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen or an optionally substituted alkyl, aralkyl, cycloalkyl, aryl or heterocyclic radical or an optionally substituted amino group,R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.4 each independently represent hydrogen, halogen,
    4233074 Photographic polyester film base with subbing layer containing phosphoric acid derivative November 11, 1980
    Provided is a method of preparing film base material consisting of biaxially oriented synthetic linear polyester which comprises stretching extruded synthetic polyester material in one direction and then coating on this material a copolymer in form of an aqueous latex of vinylidene c
    4221886 Agent for surface-sizing papers with maleic anhydride copolymers September 9, 1980
    A composition for surface-sizing a paper is provided which contains a water soluble salt of a copolymer of(a) maleic anhydride and/or maleic acid(b) styrene(c) a vinyl alkyl ether, preferably n-butyl-vinyl ether or isobutyl vinyl etherwhich has been reacted with(d) a primary fatty amine such
    4193801 Process for producing photographic silver halide material March 18, 1980
    A method of incorporating water insoluble additives (e.g. sensitizing dyes) in colloid layers of photographic silver halide material is provided. The additives are dissolved in a fused water soluble organic compound (e.g. sorbitol or succinimide) and the resulting mixture is either direc
    4191621 Process for the production of substituted benzal and benzyl bromides March 4, 1980
    The invention describes a process for the production of benzal or benzyl bromides which contain electrophilic substituents in the ortho- and/or para-position, or mixtures thereof, by the side-chain bromination of correspondingly substituted toluene, which comprises introducing elemen
    4186008 Method for processing silver dye-bleach materials January 29, 1980
    A method for processing silver dye-bleach materials, with the process measures silver developing, dye bleaching, silver bleaching and fixing, wherein the silver and dye bleaching can be combined in a single treatment step is provided. For the silver bleaching or the combined dye and silv
    4184878 Process for the manufacture of photographic silver halide emulsions containing silver halide cry January 22, 1980
    A method of preparing photograhic silver iodide, containing emulsions is provided. The silver halide crystals in said emulsions are of the twinned type and the method comprises the steps of (a) forming in a colloid dispersing medium silver halide crystals containing at least 90 mole %
    4182886 Amino-substituted hydroxy-pyridones January 8, 1980
    Pyridone dyestuffs of the formula ##STR1## are provided wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen or an optionally substituted alkyl, aralkyl, cycloalkyl, aryl or heterocyclic radical or an optionally substituted amino group, R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.4 each independently represent hydrogen, hal
    4180665 Substituted 3-benz(cd)indol-2-(1H)-ylidene-furo[2,3-b]quinoxalin-2(3H)one dyestuffs December 25, 1979
    Dyestuffs of the formula (I) ##STR1## in which R represents alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkyl, aralkyl, aryl or, preferably, hydrogen, M represents hydrogen or a cation, Y represents a free or modified carboxyl group, Z represents a non-ionic substituent and n represents 0, 1 or 2 and A
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 06-07-2013 at 05:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    US4546069 1985
    US3708300
    US2564238
    US4014698
    US3650739
    US3754918
    US4565775
    US4661437
    US4366232
    US3961957
    US3963492
    US2322084 1940
    US4868098 1988
    US4379819
    US4837133 1986
    US4304846

CIBA
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 06-07-2013 at 05:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    They used common diazo "dumbell" dyes both for resistance to the bleach step and for lightfastness. I'm no dye chemist, but I'd imagine analogous dyes are available from current sources. It was the coating process which was probably tricky in terms of product convenience
    and consistency. Even so, each batch was somewhat different and drifted with time and temp. I got good at predicting this and would print
    certain images with fresh paper, different images several months later. Inkjet is a totally different concept, and the colorants are very complex.
    The nice thing about Ciba is that the three dyes would fade at about the same rate, whereas the complexity of inkjets will mean that some
    components will fade much more rapidly than others, and there will be color shifts with time. Ink are composed of either lakes of dyes or
    various pigments. There would be no advantage to dispersing them into any kind of film. You'd be much better off using true process pigments like they do in carbon and carbro printing etc. Dye transfer is unrelated to all the above because the dyes are attracted to the
    paper by a mordant and must be chosen for this specific kind of affinity.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    To follow that up: dye-destruction processes are exactly that. You have to have appropriate dyes, not pigments or inks. The holy grail of color
    print media would be a direct-positive projection-speed process pigment product, which is about as likely to turn up as a hybrid of a Yeti and
    a Phoenix bird. The handful of direct positive pigment processes in existence are closer to glacial speed than projection speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi umut

unfortunately the dyes in ink prints, even ilfochrome ones ..
    shift over time. i am clueless, admittedly, i don't know if it is the dye
    or the media it is put on ... but if they shift on acid free rag ph neutral paper
    won't they have trouble in any media ? when i say trouble, i mean in only a few years
    the colors shift ... not a hundred years, or NEVER like dye transfer prints, but just a few years.

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Drew,

Do diazo dumbell dyes soluble in alcohol or water ?
    Do diazo dyes needed to be chemically treated to change their colors or can I use as inkjet inks as I buy them. I am thinking to print on paper or chemically or electrically etched film . Old inkjet machines print even human skin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ilfochrome dyes are not easily used in the inkjet process. The modification would take a very good chemist to fix them up for use in an inkjet in order to keep them from smearing. I went the other way and tried inkjet dyes on Dye Transfer paper. It was a horrible mess.

PE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin