Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,760   Online: 1259

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    WOW! Thanks, Matt. I never looked for a manual before - although I have been on that site many times.
    You are welcome.

I think I've been on Mike Butkus' site so often that I've memorized part of it.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well then I may have way under-exposed my verichrome pan 127 roll just now LOL shooting it at EI16 based on an assumed ASA of 64 (before the standard change).

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    It depends on how old the film is. The speeds changed over time.

Also, don't confuse information about Verichrome with information about Verichrome Pan.

I expect the 127 Verichrome Pan I shot in the Brownie Starmite II I was given for my birthday in 1964 had an ASA of 64.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, but I did not read all of these "expert" posts. The problem is that they don't take into account spectral sensitivity. So, you may make an ISO 40 emulsion that is color blind but might be ISO 100 if pan sensitized. Ortho changes the picture as well.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Super XX was not rated at 200. It was rated at 100 Weston. I still have a little bit left and continue to use that speed. I don't bother to convert it to ISO/ASA because one of my meters is in Weston ratings. No, Weston ratings had nothing to do with Edward or his sons.
    But isn't Weston 100 = ASA200 in today's standard?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin