Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,734   Online: 890

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films

Can we heat hot food on silver coated paper plates.

Please confirm that the silver coated paper plates can be used to serve hot food.My issue is like silver coated paper plates made with silver+plastic and harmful to health when serving hot food in it.Kindly clarify.....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I would suggest this is a very bad idea.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a strange question. Silver, even in very small doses, is a poison to humans and other life on Earth.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course, metallic silver on the surface of serving dishes isn't exactly a new concept. I don't know why a person would ask this question, exactly, but I don't see that it's vacuous: Is the metallic silver in a print more subject to being transferred than the metallic silver in a silver fork or teapot?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This has to do with photography how?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Of course, metallic silver on the surface of serving dishes isn't exactly a new concept. I don't know why a person would ask this question, exactly, but I don't see that it's vacuous: Is the metallic silver in a print more subject to being transferred than the metallic silver in a silver fork or teapot?

-NT
    I would suggest that a silver coating on paper is a bit different to a solid silver cutlery or electroplating.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, and aside of any toxicity of fine dispersed metallic silver: with that dish you got water and heat, both detrimental to gelatin surfaces in first instance.

My issue is like silver coated paper plates made with silver+plastic
    I don't know of such. Typically you nowadays got plastic foils aluminized by vapour deposition or paper on which a ultra-thin alumium foil has been laminated.
    Last edited by AgX; 09-25-2013 at 03:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    An ancient recipe from an archaeologist , if you serve wine in silver coated paper , no headache at the morning. Thats why British and Americans may be others made tankards out of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't imagine someone can make disposable plates at price point those things sell and still manage to use real silver. Assuming this is the case, then a real question is, what is the silvery stuff that's on the plate OP is talking about.

Also, "plastic" is such a generic term. People have been talking about plastic plates and containers being harmful for many years, yet so few references to exactly what plastic they are talking about....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    He is probably just wanting to know if he can use the normal aluminium containers used by fast food outlets. I wonder if he is the same guy here: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question...3090710AAU6jYr
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin