Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,948   Online: 1028

Thread: Sands 3057

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Sands 3057

Hello to all,
    I promised to not mention this again. But my newest quote from Sands has moved SDA3057 from too expensive all the way down to moderate. Here is the
    breakdown.
    1 gram 450.OO
    5 grams 1995.00
    10 grams 1795.00
    25 grams 3925.oo
    I checked with Sands today, about why 10 grams cost less than 5 grams. Its not a typo, theirs or mine. These prices are correct.
    PE is an advocate of SDA3057, He recently reveled that SDA3057 was the red sensitizer for codachrome. I now substitute a small c for a capital K in all things CODAC. That oughta teach them to not drop there greatest products,like Techpan and pan matrix film. Realy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I mean, Really !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm. Tempting. How much emulsion can you sensitize with 1 gram?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Anikin,
    As PE has expressed many times, one cannot just simply pick a number, and that will be your concentration of dye. You need to do some testing and evaluation. Variations from batch to batch make it difficult to predict your final concentration.
    That having been stated, I usually add SDA3057 at 150mg per mole of Ag. That is a lodda emulsion!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin