Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,924   Online: 868

Shooter
    Large Format

Want to commission someone to make emulsion!

Looking for someone who can make a blue sensitive only emulsion, faster than ISO 3, that i can use as negatives when processed. I will be coating on 4x5 glass or plexi. Was thinking about trying it myself but can't handle the learning curve right now. The emulsion will be used by me to coat plates for myself and potentially for plates to be shot by an artist that I work for. Could be used for an ongoing project so potential for a the need of a few litres over a period. If you are not interested if you could steer me to someone who may be it would be wonderful. Many thanks, Sean

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just to add, the emulsions on the market like Rockland's AG Plus and Rollei BM are great to directly make prints, but I need one designed to make negatives...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try AJ-12 or variants of it. There is also my SRAD (Single Run Ammonia Digest) emulsion here on APUG. It is a sticky post here, so it should be easy to find.

I have several in my book that fit your criteria.

But, you don't become an expert painter the first time you pick up a brush and apply it to canvas. This does take some practice. Having someone do it for you is going to be expensive on a one off basis. Probably on the order of over $500 or more for about 500g or less.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seanjmc View Post
    Just to add, the emulsions on the market like Rockland's AG Plus and Rollei BM are great to directly make prints, but I need one designed to make negatives...
    have you ever made negatives with the emulsions you mentioned?
    unless you have deep pockets it might be something to think about ...
    i often times make dry plates with rocklands emulsions and they seem to work well for me at least as a negative or positive ( on glass metal or paper )

( and they gets faster and contrastier with age )

good luck with your search!
    john

ps. making dry plates is an art form, not as easy as it seems .. you might want to practice on emulsion you aren't planning on using
    before you commit to 500-600$ of commissioned emulsion ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 12-26-2013 at 08:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin