Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,801   Online: 1141

Shooter
    Medium Format

I need advice for a large print project

My photo partner and I are working toward making three very large (3'X4') prints, using "liquid light" emulsion on canvas (?), from an image (a negative) projected from a DLP projector. We've done proof-of-concept with RC paper: the projector has ample light, the focus is acceptable, and the midtones look good. It's time to try liquid emulsion. I'm hearing good things about Maco: is it the best? I've also heard if I use canvas I need to prime it first with oil paint. Suggestions/comments anyone? Al

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't prime canvas w/ oil paint. The oil will eat the canvas up. Use several thin coats of acrylic gesso (or rabbits skin glue) to prime it. Gesso is a lot easier on the rabbits :]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rabbit skin glue is a bad idea anyway. It's hydroscopic and would absorb the moisture. Go with the gesso.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin