Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,872   Online: 1120

Shooter
    Multi Format

Reciprocity Characteristics of Liquid Emulsion

Hello,

I have recently begun a body of work using liquid emulsion to make pinhole photographs.

As I usually use sheet film for pinhole photographs I am not sure about the reciprocity characteristics of liquid emulsion or even silver gelatine paper for that matter.

Can anyone recommend a general rule of thumb to help me with a starting point? Obviously it will take some testing but if anyone has any advice I would be quite grateful.

At the moment I am using a bit of old Foma emulsion I had left over but I also have some relatively new Maco emulsion. I'm also going to give AJ-12 a go at some stage.

Thanks alot,

Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have no insight into liquid emulsions but I have some experience with FOMA100 sheet film and it's reciprocity and it's horrible, worst of all films, so my guess is that their liquid emulsion is no better.

Most manufacturers list that kind of thing in a data sheet, I'm sure someone might have it, try google "name-of-liquid-emulsion reciprocity"
    Good luck!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi ben

i would suggest you poke around here : http://www.f295.org/main/showthread....procity-failur

that's for regular store bought paper.
    liquid emulsions and home brewed stuff might be a little different
    so you will have to do a few swatch tests

good luck with your project!

john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin