Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,524   Online: 1055

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What'd I miss?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What'd I miss?

Hello my dear old APUG friends, how the heck have ya been?

It's been a good long while since I've shown my ugly mug around APUG, but it's high time I got back to it.

What have I missed, what great discoveries has APUG and it's collective brain yielded lately??

I'm sure a good number of you have wondered what on Earth happened to me. Well, as some of you know, I moved to Rochester in October of 2012 and spent a year interning with Mark Osterman at GEH and working with Ron too. To say that I had a lot to learn was an understatement! Going from a primarily theoretical knowledge to a practical knowledge was a bit of an adjustment, but, despite some hard lessons learned, it was a year that I would never wish to have done without. It's given me a clear vision of where I am going to take my interest in chemical photography next.

As October 2013 rolled around, my needs in life became quite utilitarian, *cough cough*, I desperately needed a JOB and luckily I was able to work my way into a position in the conservation department here at the Eastman House as an Object Preparator. I truly LOVE this job, as it keeps me involved with photography on a daily basis (I get to mat/frame original Ansel Adams', Nickolas Muray's, Coburn's, Winogrand's, you name it...) and has given me a knowledge about a different set of materials and techniques. You could say that matboard, razorblades and straight-edges are my bread & butter these days.

But alas, although I've been occupied and thus had significantly less time on my hands to peruse the interwebs like I did in the past, I haven't forgotten what first brought me to APUG. On the contrary, you could say I've spent the last year plotting my next move!

So I just wanted to start a thread at my old haunt saying, to some affect, I'M BACK. I'm making a point to get re-involved with the internet community of analog photography enthusiasts, because (a) I miss the energy & the collaborative spirit that spawned so many questions, queries & ideas and (b) I've got a plan to start something and I'm gonna need the support of YOU.

Yours cryptically,

holmburgers/Chris

p.s. We're having a pool party at Ron's soon... everyone's invited.... right Ron?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Chris,

It's good to have you back! I'm very jealous of your internship at GEH. It's been something I've been wanting to do for years, but it looks like it'll always remain a dream.

As for what you missed...well, I'll let the others fill you in!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Having followed along a great many of your old thread replies on various projects and speculations, I'm happy to see you back and glad to hear you're doing such engaging and interesting work.

Welcome back

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would post a picture of the pool in question, but it is an IR test using a digital camera, so it will remain a mystery unless the attendees take a film photo. Yes, a pool party is in order, and I await the further info from Chris, Nick, Mark and France.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You missed my charm and wit.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You missed my wit and charm. (Not really - some say I have neither.) But welcome back anyway Chris.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome back, Chris!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    shout out from NJ.
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to see you back! I would love your current job (no, I'm not trying to steal it, don't worry).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin