Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,119   Online: 1060

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A real formula

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh? Liquid light accepting IR dyes? That's exciting ...

[gets more bad ideas]

too bad this is all so expensive :-((

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure that this will work very well, as the Liquid Light is already sensitized in the ortho region. Therefore, you will have Blue, Green and IR sensitivity if it works. It will 'kick' some of the dyes off the grain, or if not, it may decrease contrast by acting as an antifoggant or restrainer.

In any event, you will have to work in total darkness.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by robopro View Post
    Actually, it was Rockland Colloid that informed me about tricarbocyanine dyes. Both their Ag-plus and Liquid light products will accept this dye for IR sensitization, IF anyone wants to try it out. Mr. Ryuji (who posts on this forum) put me on the path toward IR dyes. I know nothing, and have not tried any.
    That's not surprising. I've used that dye with bromide emulsions of various iodide content and structures and it works pretty well.

It seems that there is enough interest in IR sensitizing existing emulsions. I may consider making a page on this topic on my site when I have time to put the act together...

If you shoot 4x5 size, one thing you can do to make your life easier is to use hanger and tank to dye the film. If you make 4x5 plates you can do the same. Or you can make use of Fred Picker slosher type apparatus.

Shooter
    35mm
    'That's not surprising.'

That I know nothing, or that it might work?

:-)

You'd most likely be right either way...

I'm going to try experimenting with these dyes when I can, but don't ever think I'm speaking from experience, because obviously I'm not. I do not claim and have never claimed to really know anything about this subject. I'm just passing on what people who (claime) they do know what they are talking about have said to me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is all _very_ intriguing - just wish I understood it! I'm new to all this and having just got my hands on an old (Wallace Heaton) 9x12 plate camera and plate holders, I was considering getting some glass cut to size by a local glazer and trying out the dry plate process on http://www.alternativephotography.co..._dryplate.html . Has anyone on here tried this particular formula and how has it worked? I'm not sure where to get the Liquid Light that is mentioned on several forums, but in the UK I can get Adolux Liquid Emulsion - does anyone know if this is a suitable alternative?

What a fabulous site this is! I'm off to become a subscriber because we should all be supporting this sort of stuff :-)

Cheers,
    David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vickersdc View Post
    This is all _very_ intriguing - just wish I understood it! I'm new to all this and having just got my hands on an old (Wallace Heaton) 9x12 plate camera and plate holders, I was considering getting some glass cut to size by a local glazer and trying out the dry plate process on http://www.alternativephotography.co..._dryplate.html . Has anyone on here tried this particular formula and how has it worked? I'm not sure where to get the Liquid Light that is mentioned on several forums, but in the UK I can get Adolux Liquid Emulsion - does anyone know if this is a suitable alternative?

What a fabulous site this is! I'm off to become a subscriber because we should all be supporting this sort of stuff :-)

Cheers,
    David.
    SILVERPRINT London, PARTNER company of the LABOR PARTNER, located in Geesthacht/Germany, manufactures high-quality liquid photo emulsions for 25 years. These are offered up-to-date, under the brand name ROLLEI film. For now 25 years (founded in 1972) this assortment consists of PHOTO GELATINE Photopur, the identical gelatine, with which also the photo-sensitive emulsions are produced. This assortment was demonstrated some years ago, particularly in the USA, by British instructors at many academies. The assortment consists of DEVELOPER HARDENER ADDITIVES, an hardener solution, which is added to the DEVELOPER in small quantities directly. PHOTO EMULSION LPE210/new: ROLLEI RBM23, this is a pure bromide silver type, that proves the gradation HARD. The usually-sold PHOTO EMULSION LPE310/new: ROLLEI RBM33, the first industrially produced variable contrast chloro-bromide emulsion world-wide. In more traditionally Du Pont tradition. Also, for lith techniques suitable! The product range is supplemented by high energy developer, citro stopper, and ph-neutrally fixer. One can download the BLACK MAGIC guidance under www.mahn.net. It is admitted, this would have to be modernized, nevertheless, likewise exists for 25 years.
    Who does not have time or desire to set the photo-sensitive B&W emulsion that can be ordered over Freestyle L.A.; Silverprint London; or directly from the manufacturer that satisfactorily worked, and world-wide admitted BLACK MAGIC B&W PHOTO EMULSION.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    It is great to see a formula and instructions.

PE would the formula that you posted provide very similar results to this Kodak film?

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/pr...lab/5302.shtml

Would it have similar resolving power?

Thanks,
    Emulsion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This emulsion, when sensitized properly and with other addenda and treatment is similar to the Ortho 40 speed emulsion that I posted elsewhere.

It is very sharp and very grainy. I have another ISO 3 - 6 emulsion that is only blue senstitive, but is much less grainy. I have yet to do much testing to see what kind of overall results can be obtained, particulary if I try to maximize the speed.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi PE,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was on the wrong track.

I am interested in the ISO 3 - 6 blue sensitive emulsion. If you get a chance to post the formula I would be very greatful.

Thanks,
    Emulsion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll try to get to it in a few weeks. Sorry, but my shcedule is getting tight right now. I will not forget.

PE

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin