Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,388   Online: 772

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Come on people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker
    I have seen Ron's papers in person and many of the tests, it is facinating stuff and even though there are many papers still available, I am telling you, if I can ever find the time, it would be a lot of fun as well as very educational to do some of this work....

Dave
    Thanks for your comment Dave. I enjoyed our short time together at the Formulary.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Photo Engineer,

I read all your posts in this area with great interest and enjoyment and looking at the number of views for each installment, others feel the same way.

Thank you for your continued efforts.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    Dear Photo Engineer,

I read all your posts in this area with great interest and enjoyment and looking at the number of views for each installment, others feel the same way.

Thank you for your continued efforts.

Neal Wydra

Neal;

Thank you for your comment.

PE

It's a wonderful forum -- I've been out straight with other things and haven't had a ton of time for reading or contributing to it, but consider it about the best resource going. I've just started making my own paper emulsion -- very simple recipes -- and will certainly have questions as I keep working with it. So, my gratitude to you for your generosity, Ron. It is the sign of a true artist.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne
    It's a wonderful forum -- I've been out straight with other things and haven't had a ton of time for reading or contributing to it, but consider it about the best resource going. I've just started making my own paper emulsion -- very simple recipes -- and will certainly have questions as I keep working with it. So, my gratitude to you for your generosity, Ron. It is the sign of a true artist.
    Jeanne;

Many thanks. While I was not out to elicit praise, I appreciate the comment. I am out to elicit posts of the work of others.

Liquid light painted on a wall with a paintbrush qualifies. I know you are out there doing good work. I've seen it in the book "Silver Gelatin". Lets hear you describe it here. Lets see some of it.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I, too, am reading these posts with interest. At this point, salt prints and VDBs have been as far as I've gone with emulsion making, but I plan to do more.

Bruce, when I came back to photography several years ago, I decided that I did not want to get on the latest film/paper craze again. I picked Kodak Azo as the paper to learn to use. I figured it had been around more than 100-years, so it would probably continue to be available. We see how wrong I was. I'm using Ilford's paper now, and will use Lodima when it's available, but I want to know how to make my own emulsion, too. In part to achieve a different look, and in part in self-defense.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Maybe it's the same reason why I can't imagine developing and printing my own film anymore. There are many labs and printers to choose from that know what they are doing better than me. Folks like Bob Carnie at Elevator can develop and print so much better than I beleive I could, why bother?

None the less, I read every one of PE's threads and will be reading this forum too. I find it fascinating.

Regards, Art.
    I agree with you and I read PE's threads with great interest in Alt Process paper making but I am not THAT interested in doing it. Like Juan, if I were working in PL/PD I'd look for its' alternative, ie: Find an alternative to Alternative.

Shooter
    35mm
    The thread I launched about the discontinuation of Fuji products a few days ago inlcludes liquid emulsion materials called "Art Emulsion." So, I might have to join your science club in the near future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zip over to Chiba University and see if you can coax Dr. Kubo out of retirement and get him posting here! Or, one of his associates.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far every one of your posts has sent me diving into research to see what you are talking about. I am fascinated, and extremely appreciative of your efforts to broaden our horizons. The Primitive Photography book by Greene was my first introduction to the idea that I can take my photographic destiny into my own hands. Alas, I am currently setting up a darkroom in my diminutive NYC-area apartment, so it'll be a few months before I can start to experiment with anything along these lines.

Unfortunately, I was out of unplanned vacation time for the year when I found out about your seminar here in NYC. I'm a structural engineer by trade. If you have free time in NYC you're heartily invited to come see MY work on high-rise construction.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin