Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,720   Online: 748

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Come on people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Come on people.

Hey, I know there are people out there making and coating emulsions. Here it is, Sean created this forum and I've been posting and waiting for others to step forward.

My next planned post is to compare the Baker emulsion to a modern emulsion. It will appear as soon as others start to post here. Lets see your efforts!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've seen the article on www.unblinkingeye.com and found it absolutely facinating. It is on my list of things I want to try. Unfortunately, my list is really long......so no contribution, but much interest!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ron, please don't take the lack of response for lack of interest. I've been reading your threads everyday, but I don't have the facilities to make my own emulsion. I enjoy reading them though. Someday ...
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm getting there with albumen but haven't made a silver gelatin emulsion yet. As soon as I do, I'll be posting.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ron,

This forum will gain in importance over the years. You're ahead of your time!!!

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys;

I don't take it as lack of interest. See the # of views...?

I take it that those doing the work are reluctant to post anything! For whatever reason.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For whatever reason, I haven't begun the work. When I do, this thread will be of HUGE importance!

Maybe those that have begun the work are so new to the game they're unsure of themselves? If so, ask you're questions / share your experiences now so I can learn even more later

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, I for one can't imagine why I would want to make my own silver-gelatin paper when there are so many to choose from being made by companies who seem to know what they're doing.
    When Ilford or Forte or any of the manufacturers are doing so much better than I believe I could why bother?
    I am only speaking of what CAN be bought in a store like J&C or B&H or FreeStyle. I'm not talking about Platium or Alt Process papers that are not manufactured.
    Maybe I'm missing the point, could be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have seen Ron's papers in person and many of the tests, it is facinating stuff and even though there are many papers still available, I am telling you, if I can ever find the time, it would be a lot of fun as well as very educational to do some of this work....

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I read your posts with intense interest, Ron. I wanted to go to the PF workshops, and the one in NY, but I'm chained to my job and can't follow all my interests. So I do what I can afford, in terms of time and money, and try to keep abreast on what's going on with the rest of my interests until that solid gold meteor hits my back yard or I win the lottery.

So, except for the occasional stupid question (like the one re: fish gelatin), I can't contribute in a meaningful manner.

K.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin