Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,895   Online: 1237

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My rank ordering puts baryta and watercolor at the top of the 'difficult' list. However, with a 'thin' emulsion and slow application with the right surfactant, the emulsion spreads over the hills and valleys of the textured surface papers just fine, but not always. There are a fair number of failures.

Baryta has problems due to its hard surface after the calendaring process.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Juan, you would have to get the opinion of some experts in Azo. I doubt it though as I cannot get the Azo paper support.

PE
    The thoughts expressed at Michael and Paula's site was that the 3-D effect in Azo came from a combination of the emulsion and development in amidol. Supposedly, the emulsion developed from the bottom up. I'm not sure if this is correct or not - nor do I know, if this theory is correct, whether the development is due to the emulsion or the paper support allowing the developer through from the back.

juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    The thoughts expressed at Michael and Paula's site was that the 3-D effect in Azo came from a combination of the emulsion and development in amidol. Supposedly, the emulsion developed from the bottom up. I'm not sure if this is correct or not - nor do I know, if this theory is correct, whether the development is due to the emulsion or the paper support allowing the developer through from the back.

juan
    Juan;

I find it difficult to believe that development starts from the bottom up in a diffusion limited process. The emulsion always wets from the top down, even on FB support. Development follows the wetting process, downward.

As for the 3D effect, I wouldn't call it that, but I have seen prints as good as Azo prints on other papers. I think that it depends on the skill of the operator and the care taken.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin