Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,573   Online: 992

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Definition charts

These are definition charts of an approximate grade 2 paper on 3 papers compared with Ilford MGIV.

Conditions as in other post, but the ilford was exposed for 12" at f16 with a Magenta 30 which gives grade 2.

The order is Baryta, Smooth, Watercolor and Ilford MGIV.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails print def baryta.jpg   print def smooth.jpg   print def watercolor.jpg   print def ilford.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wouldn't this more correctly be called Resolution charts? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, lets call them Resolution Charts. I really don't care one way or the other. I called them Definition Charts.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was asked off-line why I had some charts that were white with black lines so here is the explanation.

You do this test with both a positive and a negative chart (by whatever name you wish to call it). The chart above measures fill in or the creep of the black image through adverse edge effects or image scatter into the white bars. The other chart measures spread, or the creep of the black bars into the white background.

Due to the differences in exposure and chemical effects, each type of chart gives a subtly different result. I ran both types of test but just posted the chart with the white bars.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin